Used 2006 Nissan 350Z Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan 350Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Most Bang For the Buck
By DamonH

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd Z. My first was an 03 Enthusiast with the 5A. I couldn't stand the car. I had it only 6 months and sold it. I bought my 06 last August. It's the base model with the 6 speed manual. This is the most fun car I've ever owned. It's a complete 180 from the 03. The exhaust note is amazing, gas mileage is awesome for a 300 hp car, and the reliability can't be beat. This is my weekend car, while my 07 Audi A4 is the daily driver. The Z gets a little bone-jarring after a while, but I always have a blast driving.

Acceleration, build quality, brakes, gas mileage, fit and finish, and suspension.

The seats are uncomfortable and I have trouble finding a sitting position (I'm 6'0) without being at a 90 degree angle. It's awkward. The standard radio is awful. Finally, make traction control standard. If it rains, the car slips and slides all over the place.

Great fun car to drive
By scottbui

2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I tried the SLK 280/350, Z4 and neither of these vehicles came close to the fun factor of owning the 350z. Should've purchased a 4 seater though to give more flexibility but that's the nature of the beast in purchasing a 2 seater.

Power, power power... there's nothing like the purring sound of the 350Z.

Better compartmental design.

Long Term Report
By Nutnfancy

2006 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The 350Z in all versions is a performance bargain. It is a quick, well-balanced, superbly built sports car. Styling is head turning. Acceleration is good. Overall MPG runs 21.5 city, with about 40% aggressive driving, 25-27 hwy if you drive with cruise and accelerate gently. Build quality is outstanding: no squeaks, rattles, misaligned panels, or mx issues. Maintenance costs have been zero for me in the last year. Stock exhaust note is exhilarating. Stereo is good. Amenities, storage areas, utility of hatchback are excellent.

Looks, reliability, Rays Engineering forged wheels, widened fenders over 2005 model, handling, funness of driving, positive shifting, excellent storage areas, GT models provides superb amenities like subwoofer stereo and multi-function and useful computer.

Allow seat to go back farther: at 6' 1.5" I barely fit in (but do), change location of of AC on switch (real easy to actuate in spirited shifting), don't have AC come on in recirc mode automatically (hate that). That's it!

Dream Car
By Tracy Galloway

2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned for performance, fun, and overall highway comfort. Nissan has a real winner in the 350Z and it is beginning to show with the numbers of 350s on the road these days!

Love the exterior and interior features, great sound system and overall seat design and comfort.

Not much to improve... probably will add bluetooth features in future years.

Unnatural Love
By Jason Langford

2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have an unnatural love for this car! This is the first car I've owned that truly makes driving an exhilarating experience. It provides ample leg and head room for those of us who are 6' (or taller). I am able to see out and around the car very easily, unlike other roadsters I drove. The convertible top is a breeze to operate and goes through its whole cycle in 20 seconds flat. The manual mode is really handy for keeping the wheels on the ground around tight curves and corners and to keep the car under control through those pesky school zones. I would highly recommend this car. A great performance car, with great style at a great price. Gotta go! Places to go, Porsches to pass.

Engine, interior, handling, design, love it all.

The only improvement would be an auxiliary input for iPod or mp3 players in the Bose system.