2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
Unnatural Love
By Jason Langford on 02/06/07 09:00 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have an unnatural love for this car! This is the first car I've owned that truly makes driving an exhilarating experience. It provides ample leg and head room for those of us who are 6' (or taller). I am able to see out and around the car very easily, unlike other roadsters I drove. The convertible top is a breeze to operate and goes through its whole cycle in 20 seconds flat. The manual mode is really handy for keeping the wheels on the ground around tight curves and corners and to keep the car under control through those pesky school zones. I would highly recommend this car. A great performance car, with great style at a great price. Gotta go! Places to go, Porsches to pass.

A great value for the performance
By DanR76 on 02/02/07 13:51 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Enthusiast 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I went from a Lotus Elise to a Mini S JCW package to this wonderful 2006 Nissan 350z (Daytona Blue). It is a lot of fun to drive. I get a ton of looks when I drive by people and with the new wheel packages over the old alloy look, makes this ride look even more tricked out. I got an AVIC Pioneer NAV put in it and it monitors my G-Force acceleration which hits 1G on occasion when I launch out of the gate. It is not my primary car so I am not sure how the day to day drive would be or long trips would feel on the back, but it is a great care if you like attention on your car for all the RIGHT reasons. I highly recommend this ride!

Good, Not Perfect, Sports Car
By Phat Larry on 12/18/06 06:36 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my convertible Z for 3 months and have 3,000 miles on it. I've previously owned Mustang GT's and Corvettes, but wouldn't consider another one due to AWFUL reliability. I also test drove the S2000 (way too small and cramped), the Z3/4 (too cramped) and the new Miata (still underpowered). I have to pretty much agree with the Editor's review. The Z runs great with a nicely tuned exhaust, handles great, is roomy, has some good amenities, and looks sweeeet. The downside is the small trunk (esp.in the convertible), cheap interior plastics (esp the console cover which is garbage), bland gauge lighting, and very mediocre gas mileage. I have yet to get more than 20 mpg even with hwy driving.

fun ride
By jerros on 11/21/06 21:36 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Enthusiast 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my 350Z,black convertible and I'm very happy with it. It is very fun to drive and very good looking. I like how it handles. And the taking the top up and down is fully automatic and it only takes about 20 secs. awesome......

Hot Tamale
By R.E.T. on 10/30/06 07:00 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Test drove every Roadster under $60K before buying; narrowed field to Boxster, Z4, 350Z. Though I've always driven German, found myself returning again & again to the Nissan. Quicker (no turbo lag!) & more powerful than my '04 250HP Audi TT Roadster, handles/corners better, too. However, TT had better quality materials (interior dash & console, exterior paint, etc.). TT's (Bose) sound system far superior to 350Z's (also Bose). Z system surprisingly tinny & weak. 350Z top drops & stows quickly and effortlessly -- action is smooth as silk. Looks, performance, power, price, fun-factor combined; 350Z can't be beat. Seriously fun to drive & a real head-turner (especially in red!)

Not an everyday car
By john on 10/29/06 09:18 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I inherited this car as my daily company car. Under normal circumstance I would have been ecstatic, but I commute 90 minutes one way to work 5 days a week. I'm a little bigger then average person, so I am very uncomfortable the majority of the time. With all that being said...It is a great looking car and a head turner, but it’s not an every day car by any means. I'm sure most would be saying that I shouldn’t be complaining about such a nice company car, but I went from a 4 door to a 2 door convertible with no room for storage. I have to go home everyday and pick up my personal car so that I can get my son from daycare. It’s just an add inconvenience all the way around.

Great Ride
By Bill on 09/18/06 19:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my black on black Z six months ago and fell in love with it. With the top down riding in the sun other drivers roll down their windows to comment on the great looks of the car. I'm over 6 foot and find it very comfortable. The ride is better than a friends Corvette and I found it more roomy then the Honda S2000. When driving on the interstate with the top down I can hold a conversation with a passenger without screaming. Handling is exceptional and performance top notch. I would recommend this car to anyone that enjoys the open road or just cruising.

First Thoughts
By Tom on 09/04/06 13:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car only 3 months, but have taken it on a 2800 mile vacation to Nova Scotia. I found the performance to be great and have been pleasantly surprised by the fuel economy. The car was very comfortable throughout long drives and it sounds great. My only critisism (which I consider minor) is that the car should have an 8 way adjustable driver's power seat instead of the provided 4 way seat.

Super Black
By Betty Eddings Winley on 08/07/06 12:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I enjoy my ride experience with the 350Z. I love the convertible style and also observed that it is an eye- catcher...almost a magnet chemistry from the watchers! I contacted the eastern district corporate office and suggested to them to improve the brake system to avoid brake dust accumulation on the attractive wheels.

excellent
By cso123c on 07/21/06 14:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

it's wild to drive. the car is fast and fun to drive. it also is wonderful to get away from problem drivers. all you do is gas and your gone

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.