2006 Nissan 350Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
Fun But Flawed - Buyer Beware!
By 2JPP8808 on 06/01/09 03:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Did lot of research before buying; knew oil consumption was an issue on some 06 Zs. Figured was worth risk, as Nissan warranty gave peace of mind. Thought was safe until Jan 2009, when car started making weird noises, suffered loss of power & oil pressure. Car serviced at dealer religiously, so service mgr determined engine needed to be replaced under recall. Took 2 weeks! In all car has been in shop more times than our Porsche & BMW combined! Issues included clutch assembly, brakes, electrical, trunk release, pass pwr window, TPMS, heat shield, wheel hub. Car has been kept at dealer days/weeks at a time at dealer, & no loaner car given, just shuttle. Thank God we have multiple cars!

Fun 2-Seat Coupe
By No Business Of Yours on 02/09/09 10:44 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought one used after deciding I needed a new car. Went with the 350Z rather than a WRX or S2000 simply because its sexier than the Subaru and more muscular that the S2000. Been extremely satisfied so far. Drives like a dream, hugs through corners without a complaint, tranny is relatively solid though clunky, and even gets decent MPG for a sports car. Definitely turns heads, especially with the Solar Orange paint, as its more rare to see than the likes of Mustangs and Camaros. My only serious complaint so far is the interior quality -- the black paint- like surfaces are easily scratched up. The interior more or less looks like a cheaply constructed cockpit.

350Z Track
By Pigpen on 10/23/08 17:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Track 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive, very reliable only problem was drivers side window motor. Added cold air intake and high flow exhaust, gets 24.5 MPG. Track model handles well w/ 18/19 inch wheels, bimbro brakes and stiff suspension.

The best sports car for its value
By flipflop214 on 10/23/08 12:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Before buying the Z I test drove the Honda S2K, Mazda RX8, and the BMW Z4. By comparison to all of these cars the 350Z really stood out. The acceleration and torque is much more noticeable than its rivals. The throaty exhaust sounds awesome! There are tons of modifications that you could do to this car! I upgraded the pulleys, exhaust system, intake and wheels (roughly estimating about 5k all together with labor) and this 350Z is ready to compete with the German cars that are twice as expensive! Just get the base model and tune it up to your liking! I love this car even if my wife is asking me to get rid of it to get a German sports sedan! LOL.. NEVER!

Excellent Coolness-to-Dollar Ratio!
By RickS on 09/19/08 08:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I hadn't wanted just ANY flashy car; only the 305Z had truly turned my head. I got the silver six-speed, 306 HP. Great move! It's basically all engine, so the handling and acceleration are top-notch. The six gears will keep your hands busy. For a small car, it also has a nice, "heavy", solid feel to it as well, very welcome on the highway or in inclement weather. I routinely get stopped by strangers and complimented on my car! The only negatives I can mention are the lack of trunk space (but who buys this car for trips to the grocery store?), the extreme lowness to the ground (this required a new front end 6 months after purchase), and finicky tire pressure gauges. I love this car!

Best buy for the $$$
By L4 on 09/10/08 18:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a legacy Z watcher, and finally pulled the trigger in 06. I'm glad i waited for the 06, I drove the 03 and 04 can't compare to my purchase. Although it's not a primary vehicle it's well worth it for anyone who can't or doesn't want to pay Porsche $$.

What's Not To Love!?
By Rubydoo on 07/28/08 19:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 2nd Nissan sports car and we LOVE it. Can't ever imagine getting rid of it. We owned a 1993 300z when it was new and this 350z is even better. No matter where we go, people comment on the looks and think it's a 75k+ car. It handles great and is a blast to drive! We have had zero problems with it.

One fine convertible
By walywrld on 07/08/08 15:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I did a lot of research before buying this car and it paid off. This is one outstanding car which I am completely satisfied with. It is more enjoyable than I expected. The power is awesome, it drives great, is great for weekend road trips, the steering is dead on, exceptional driving experience. I find it quiet for a convertible, quieter cruising at highway speeds than its competitors. I find the seats comfortable and supportive, it is cozy but it is a 2 seat sports car, what does one expect? I have taken several long trips in the car and find it comfortable on the road. I can drive all day and am not tired and "beaten". Overall, the Z is well laid out and comfortable.

Unreliable car
By jk on 06/30/08 22:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Track 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the car on 3/07 and until 7/07 have a nasty problem with oil consumption. The car keeps on eating up oil and Nissan is fully aware of this problem but not doing anything about it. Just got the engine replaced from the dealer after returning to the dealer for the 4th time. Have not had a time to enjoy the car, but instead going to the dealership every other Saturday to re-check the oil consumption problem. If you like wasting your time and going to the dealer every other weekends and worry about if your car has oil or not. Then I highly recommend this car. Overall my first Nissan that I bought and I dislike Nissan after 4 months of driving this car.

Awesome value, some compromises
By 2JnPP on 06/20/08 02:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Nissan skimped on the materials used to make up for all the performance it packed in this $30,000 car. The overall interior "feel" is very cheap. We knew this before purchasing & were willing to make the compromise. However, we didn't bargain for all the rattles, creaks, and clanging we have with our Z. We've had several mechanical issues that usually takes the dealer multiple times to fix. We've tried working with a few Nissan dealers for service work and have been very disappointed in all aspects of their customer service. This is a beautiful car that's fun to drive, even on a daily basis. We recommend the Z, as long as you're willing to accept the negative aspects of Z ownership.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.