Used 2006 Nissan 350Z Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan 350Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Hot Tamale
By R.E.T.

2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Test drove every Roadster under $60K before buying; narrowed field to Boxster, Z4, 350Z. Though I've always driven German, found myself returning again & again to the Nissan. Quicker (no turbo lag!) & more powerful than my '04 250HP Audi TT Roadster, handles/corners better, too. However, TT had better quality materials (interior dash & console, exterior paint, etc.). TT's (Bose) sound system far superior to 350Z's (also Bose). Z system surprisingly tinny & weak. 350Z top drops & stows quickly and effortlessly -- action is smooth as silk. Looks, performance, power, price, fun-factor combined; 350Z can't be beat. Seriously fun to drive & a real head-turner (especially in red!)

Gorgeous, sexy; quick; responsive; handles well

Sound system is sub-par, Nissan warranty could be better

Not an everyday car
By john

2006 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I inherited this car as my daily company car. Under normal circumstance I would have been ecstatic, but I commute 90 minutes one way to work 5 days a week. I'm a little bigger then average person, so I am very uncomfortable the majority of the time. With all that being said...It is a great looking car and a head turner, but it’s not an every day car by any means. I'm sure most would be saying that I shouldn’t be complaining about such a nice company car, but I went from a 4 door to a 2 door convertible with no room for storage. I have to go home everyday and pick up my personal car so that I can get my son from daycare. It’s just an add inconvenience all the way around.

Power top and power

8 way adjustable seats

funnnnnn
By bart

2006 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

great all around sports car that does everything well. I have the Grand Touring model. The ride is good, power is linear and predictable, trans (auto) is smooth and shifts up and down well, interior is functional and fits well. Hey, this is a sports car after all, things are tight but not uncomfortable and I am 6'2.

Style, power, Rays wheels, handling (wow) and I like the stereo (Bose)!

only 50 more horses and 50 foot pounds of torque, thats it!

Amazing Performance and Deal
By randyest

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've driven many sports cars and this is my favorite ever. The Porsche Boxster has it beat a bit on handling, some muscle cars (such as the GTO) have more horsepower, and a few have more torque. But for ~$30k you get more from the 350Z in all those categories than you can in just one category from many cars that run $50k+. And it's such a gorgeous car with a unique look. Pictures can't do it justice -- you have to see it to appreciate the look. I even like the interior a lot, which some seem to complain about. It's compfortable, well-laid out, the gauges move with the steering wheel tilt (first time I've seen that), and the textured surfaces are both interesting and easy to clean.

The sound and feel of the engine (oh god), the look and style (what a head- turner!), the handling and comfort of the ride (yes, it's comfortable, and it's a sports car, go figure), and the interior layout and features.

Better gas mileage would be nice in these days of $3/gallon gas, but I've been getting 16-20mpg in the city with a fairly-heavy foot. I'd also like the cig-lighter outlet to stay on when the key is off to allow charging things, but this is trivial. Just felt like I had to complain about something.

My Fairlady
By 06fairladyz

2006 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Z for 6 months now and it runs great. It gets quite a bit of attention anywhere you go. I've had lot of compliments on how good the car looks more than anything. Most people who don't know about the car think it's a $40,000-$60,000 car... I guess it does look that good :) That's one of the main reasons why I decided to purchase this car over others.

Beatiful styling inside out, Exhuast tone, New 18in rims, Roomy interior, 7000 rpm (300 HP)

A little more torq. would help since the car gained 200 lbs over the years. Better interior material would be nice.