Used 2006 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Excellent Coolness-to-Dollar Ratio!
By RickS

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I hadn't wanted just ANY flashy car; only the 305Z had truly turned my head. I got the silver six-speed, 306 HP. Great move! It's basically all engine, so the handling and acceleration are top-notch. The six gears will keep your hands busy. For a small car, it also has a nice, "heavy", solid feel to it as well, very welcome on the highway or in inclement weather. I routinely get stopped by strangers and complimented on my car! The only negatives I can mention are the lack of trunk space (but who buys this car for trips to the grocery store?), the extreme lowness to the ground (this required a new front end 6 months after purchase), and finicky tire pressure gauges. I love this car!

Its exterior appearance from the front and side; gutsy acceleration; handling; modern, clean cockpit; solid, heavy feel (not 'plasticky' like other cars in its class); and the fact that it can hold its own re: looks and performance against German luxury sportscars costing twice as much (or more!).

My tire pressure light has been troublesome, occasionally coming on and refusing to go off, regardless of what's done, requiring a trip to the dealership for resetting. Because of the car's lowness to the ground, the front end/grill assembly should be made much tougher to survive scrapes and jolts!

Long Term Report
By Nutnfancy

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The 350Z in all versions is a performance bargain. It is a quick, well-balanced, superbly built sports car. Styling is head turning. Acceleration is good. Overall MPG runs 21.5 city, with about 40% aggressive driving, 25-27 hwy if you drive with cruise and accelerate gently. Build quality is outstanding: no squeaks, rattles, misaligned panels, or mx issues. Maintenance costs have been zero for me in the last year. Stock exhaust note is exhilarating. Stereo is good. Amenities, storage areas, utility of hatchback are excellent.

Looks, reliability, Rays Engineering forged wheels, widened fenders over 2005 model, handling, funness of driving, positive shifting, excellent storage areas, GT models provides superb amenities like subwoofer stereo and multi-function and useful computer.

Allow seat to go back farther: at 6' 1.5" I barely fit in (but do), change location of of AC on switch (real easy to actuate in spirited shifting), don't have AC come on in recirc mode automatically (hate that). That's it!

funnnnnn
By bart

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

great all around sports car that does everything well. I have the Grand Touring model. The ride is good, power is linear and predictable, trans (auto) is smooth and shifts up and down well, interior is functional and fits well. Hey, this is a sports car after all, things are tight but not uncomfortable and I am 6'2.

Style, power, Rays wheels, handling (wow) and I like the stereo (Bose)!

only 50 more horses and 50 foot pounds of torque, thats it!

The Z gets it right
By cooper1970

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My GT finally arrived last week, and I've been spending the past week driving it around town. Best car I've ever driven, and for the money, the best deal. I love this car!!!

The driving experience is just fun, you are very comfortable, and in tune w/ the road.

Well could use luggage space, but I didn't buy this car to run a taxi. I bought it to drive fast and have fun... goal accomplished!

Z car
By James M. Sitzes

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Muscle to have fun on stretches, tight steering and frame to handle turns at high speeds. Too much fun....

300 HP, 6 speed - steering on tight corners. Get Eclipse navigation, not factory installed - this combines the stereo and radio/satellite in a great looking package. The sound does not suffer, but Eclipse is much more techno cool....

Digital display on dash needs to be more than the old fashion orange..., update this to a violet/blue to keep with new designs.