Used 2006 Nissan 350Z Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Love my Z
By ceavila

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I enjoy driving my car everyday through South Florida. Since I got my car I cannot stop thinking where to go next. I recommend this car to anyone who is single since is only a 2 seat car.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Fast, and love the comments from people when I park my car.

Suggested Improvements

Better door panels. They scratch really easy. Expensive to replace.

Fun 2-Seat Coupe
By No Business Of Yours

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought one used after deciding I needed a new car. Went with the 350Z rather than a WRX or S2000 simply because its sexier than the Subaru and more muscular that the S2000. Been extremely satisfied so far. Drives like a dream, hugs through corners without a complaint, tranny is relatively solid though clunky, and even gets decent MPG for a sports car. Definitely turns heads, especially with the Solar Orange paint, as its more rare to see than the likes of Mustangs and Camaros. My only serious complaint so far is the interior quality -- the black paint- like surfaces are easily scratched up. The interior more or less looks like a cheaply constructed cockpit.

Favorite Features

The 6-speed, the "HEY LOOK AT ME" styling, and tight steering.

Suggested Improvements

Better road-noise dampening, stereo upgrade, and improved interior quality.

Most Bang For the Buck
By DamonH

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd Z. My first was an 03 Enthusiast with the 5A. I couldn't stand the car. I had it only 6 months and sold it. I bought my 06 last August. It's the base model with the 6 speed manual. This is the most fun car I've ever owned. It's a complete 180 from the 03. The exhaust note is amazing, gas mileage is awesome for a 300 hp car, and the reliability can't be beat. This is my weekend car, while my 07 Audi A4 is the daily driver. The Z gets a little bone-jarring after a while, but I always have a blast driving.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, build quality, brakes, gas mileage, fit and finish, and suspension.

Suggested Improvements

The seats are uncomfortable and I have trouble finding a sitting position (I'm 6'0) without being at a 90 degree angle. It's awkward. The standard radio is awful. Finally, make traction control standard. If it rains, the car slips and slides all over the place.

The best sports car for its value
By flipflop214

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Before buying the Z I test drove the Honda S2K, Mazda RX8, and the BMW Z4. By comparison to all of these cars the 350Z really stood out. The acceleration and torque is much more noticeable than its rivals. The throaty exhaust sounds awesome! There are tons of modifications that you could do to this car! I upgraded the pulleys, exhaust system, intake and wheels (roughly estimating about 5k all together with labor) and this 350Z is ready to compete with the German cars that are twice as expensive! Just get the base model and tune it up to your liking! I love this car even if my wife is asking me to get rid of it to get a German sports sedan! LOL.. NEVER!

Favorite Features

Hi revving V6 engine. exterior and interior look and feel. The aggressive stance of the car. Endless modifications that you could do to improve performance and look! TOO MUCH TO LIST!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing. This car is perfect for someone who wants a real sportscar but doesn't want to pay an arm and a leg to own one!

Great car!
By Chezjuan

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006 350Z (base) in August that year and still love every second behind the wheel. Not only is it (very) fun to drive - even around town - but the only time it is ever in the shop is for routine maintenance. Since I live in the mid-Atlantic region, I use it year round, but I did get a set of good winter tires, which are a must if the Z is ever going to see snow. The gas mileage I get driving around town (~19 combined) is decent for the class of car and engine, but nothing spectacular. While the car is comfortable for shorter drives, I start to feel anything over about 4 hours (mainly in my right leg since the base model does not have cruise control).

Favorite Features

Automatic climate control, body style, in-door bottle holders

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control on the base model would have been great.