Used 2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Love my Z
By ceavila

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I enjoy driving my car everyday through South Florida. Since I got my car I cannot stop thinking where to go next. I recommend this car to anyone who is single since is only a 2 seat car.

Fun to drive. Fast, and love the comments from people when I park my car.

Better door panels. They scratch really easy. Expensive to replace.

Great car!
By Chezjuan

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006 350Z (base) in August that year and still love every second behind the wheel. Not only is it (very) fun to drive - even around town - but the only time it is ever in the shop is for routine maintenance. Since I live in the mid-Atlantic region, I use it year round, but I did get a set of good winter tires, which are a must if the Z is ever going to see snow. The gas mileage I get driving around town (~19 combined) is decent for the class of car and engine, but nothing spectacular. While the car is comfortable for shorter drives, I start to feel anything over about 4 hours (mainly in my right leg since the base model does not have cruise control).

Automatic climate control, body style, in-door bottle holders

Cruise control on the base model would have been great.

I love my Z
By Z GUY

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 6th car and it's every thing I want it to be. It's sexy, fast, and handles like a dream. It is not very practical but I will never trade it in. It has never been to the shop and drives just has good as it dayi the first day I got it.

looks and power

more storage space

After 4 years, still turns my own head
By Christine

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After having driven my Toyota Celica 293,000 miles without a single problem short of a flat tire one time, I decided to get another awesome looking car in a convertible. This car rocks! i have had it for 4 years now with no downtime, incredible handling, solid feel and performance on all kinds of surfaces, turns, and weather. My only complaint is the interior paint on the door peels off easily. Dashboard and controls are friendly, well-placed for real driving. Cockpit is made for comfort and incredibly body-friendly even on long drives. I drove this car along Rt 66 starting from Phila, through Chicago and to Southern california and it was a comfort rocket all the way & great fuel economy

Head Turning looks ahead of its time, awesome throaty exhaust, cockpit and performance made for driving lovers. Plenty of space to put things for a convertible sports car.

Interior door paint is truly the only thing I can think that needs improvement.

More than I expected
By I 1DER

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Ordered the car so I got exactly what I wanted. After getting 320,000 miles and counting out of my '93 Pathfinder with absolute minimum maintenance and trouble, I decided the Nissan Z would make great sense to me if I could get 200,000 good miles out of it. Three years later at 50K miles I'll be very surprised if I don't. The only concern has been oil consumption of about a quart every 3000-4500 miles. To me that is borderline, but I don't have to add oil if it is changed at that interval anyway. Absolutely no other problem except with one tire pressure sensor when car was fairly new. I mostly drive rural back roads and take trips. Must use at least all- season tires in northern winters.

-pure pleasure to drive the twisties -500 mile tank range on trips. -all the storage compartments (necessary) -looks even with stock 18" wheels -downshifting the 6 speed to 3rd with it's redline there at 90 mph for passing -Bi-xenon headlights = magnificent for dark road driving. -exhaust tune

-location and replacement of dipstick is terrible, but was fixed in 2007 -Bose audio system great quality, but only when volume is above 20 mark which is usually too loud for me.