Used 2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
Love my Z
By ceavila on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I enjoy driving my car everyday through South Florida. Since I got my car I cannot stop thinking where to go next. I recommend this car to anyone who is single since is only a 2 seat car.

Great car!
By Chezjuan on 07/02/10 05:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006 350Z (base) in August that year and still love every second behind the wheel. Not only is it (very) fun to drive - even around town - but the only time it is ever in the shop is for routine maintenance. Since I live in the mid-Atlantic region, I use it year round, but I did get a set of good winter tires, which are a must if the Z is ever going to see snow. The gas mileage I get driving around town (~19 combined) is decent for the class of car and engine, but nothing spectacular. While the car is comfortable for shorter drives, I start to feel anything over about 4 hours (mainly in my right leg since the base model does not have cruise control).

I love my Z
By Z GUY on 05/12/10 16:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 6th car and it's every thing I want it to be. It's sexy, fast, and handles like a dream. It is not very practical but I will never trade it in. It has never been to the shop and drives just has good as it dayi the first day I got it.

After 4 years, still turns my own head
By Christine on 02/24/10 22:59 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After having driven my Toyota Celica 293,000 miles without a single problem short of a flat tire one time, I decided to get another awesome looking car in a convertible. This car rocks! i have had it for 4 years now with no downtime, incredible handling, solid feel and performance on all kinds of surfaces, turns, and weather. My only complaint is the interior paint on the door peels off easily. Dashboard and controls are friendly, well-placed for real driving. Cockpit is made for comfort and incredibly body-friendly even on long drives. I drove this car along Rt 66 starting from Phila, through Chicago and to Southern california and it was a comfort rocket all the way & great fuel economy

More than I expected
By I 1DER on 08/10/09 23:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Ordered the car so I got exactly what I wanted. After getting 320,000 miles and counting out of my '93 Pathfinder with absolute minimum maintenance and trouble, I decided the Nissan Z would make great sense to me if I could get 200,000 good miles out of it. Three years later at 50K miles I'll be very surprised if I don't. The only concern has been oil consumption of about a quart every 3000-4500 miles. To me that is borderline, but I don't have to add oil if it is changed at that interval anyway. Absolutely no other problem except with one tire pressure sensor when car was fairly new. I mostly drive rural back roads and take trips. Must use at least all- season tires in northern winters.

Fun But Flawed - Buyer Beware!
By 2JPP8808 on 06/01/09 03:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Did lot of research before buying; knew oil consumption was an issue on some 06 Zs. Figured was worth risk, as Nissan warranty gave peace of mind. Thought was safe until Jan 2009, when car started making weird noises, suffered loss of power & oil pressure. Car serviced at dealer religiously, so service mgr determined engine needed to be replaced under recall. Took 2 weeks! In all car has been in shop more times than our Porsche & BMW combined! Issues included clutch assembly, brakes, electrical, trunk release, pass pwr window, TPMS, heat shield, wheel hub. Car has been kept at dealer days/weeks at a time at dealer, & no loaner car given, just shuttle. Thank God we have multiple cars!

Fun 2-Seat Coupe
By No Business Of Yours on 02/09/09 10:44 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought one used after deciding I needed a new car. Went with the 350Z rather than a WRX or S2000 simply because its sexier than the Subaru and more muscular that the S2000. Been extremely satisfied so far. Drives like a dream, hugs through corners without a complaint, tranny is relatively solid though clunky, and even gets decent MPG for a sports car. Definitely turns heads, especially with the Solar Orange paint, as its more rare to see than the likes of Mustangs and Camaros. My only serious complaint so far is the interior quality -- the black paint- like surfaces are easily scratched up. The interior more or less looks like a cheaply constructed cockpit.

350Z Track
By Pigpen on 10/23/08 17:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Track 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive, very reliable only problem was drivers side window motor. Added cold air intake and high flow exhaust, gets 24.5 MPG. Track model handles well w/ 18/19 inch wheels, bimbro brakes and stiff suspension.

The best sports car for its value
By flipflop214 on 10/23/08 12:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Before buying the Z I test drove the Honda S2K, Mazda RX8, and the BMW Z4. By comparison to all of these cars the 350Z really stood out. The acceleration and torque is much more noticeable than its rivals. The throaty exhaust sounds awesome! There are tons of modifications that you could do to this car! I upgraded the pulleys, exhaust system, intake and wheels (roughly estimating about 5k all together with labor) and this 350Z is ready to compete with the German cars that are twice as expensive! Just get the base model and tune it up to your liking! I love this car even if my wife is asking me to get rid of it to get a German sports sedan! LOL.. NEVER!

Excellent Coolness-to-Dollar Ratio!
By RickS on 09/19/08 08:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I hadn't wanted just ANY flashy car; only the 305Z had truly turned my head. I got the silver six-speed, 306 HP. Great move! It's basically all engine, so the handling and acceleration are top-notch. The six gears will keep your hands busy. For a small car, it also has a nice, "heavy", solid feel to it as well, very welcome on the highway or in inclement weather. I routinely get stopped by strangers and complimented on my car! The only negatives I can mention are the lack of trunk space (but who buys this car for trips to the grocery store?), the extreme lowness to the ground (this required a new front end 6 months after purchase), and finicky tire pressure gauges. I love this car!