2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
Nice Car - my first 350Z - Silver
By bill350zzzz on 05/08/11 16:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up a 350Z Roadster 2 weeks ago. It has 36K miles on it, I am the third owner. The car is very clean with the exception of showing some wear in the interior. The previous owner liked Jewelry I have a feeling. This is my first sports car. All I can say is it's a blast to drive, especially with the top down. I'll take care of the interior with some time. The car puts a smile on my face when ever I sit in the cockpit. Enough said. Good value.

Great car and fun to drive
By dinola on 04/07/10 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car is fun to drive and it definitely gets s lot of looks. Even though the car almost five years old it still has a great style. The engine sounds is awesome. I have had few problems with the car except for having to replace the convertible top becasue it was cracking. Fortunately that was under warranty. The other problem has been the tires and the air pressure indicators. I had to replace the tires at 24,000 miles ($1100). The tires are quite pricey. But the most bothersome item is the air pressure indicator. They seem to be on a lot. The dealer has replaced a few of them over the years. But they seem to be always going on and the dealer is the only one that can turn it off.

It's been fun, but....
By Z_Owner on 01/11/10 09:58 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my manual 2006 350Z Touring Convertible for 4 years, been fun but expected higher quality & reliability for $40k. Good-Fun car to drive, great styling, always turns heads. Good power, good mileage. I don't drive it very hard, it's a commute vehicle, but have pushed the speed and cornering a few times and had a blast. Bad-The stock tires had to be replaced after 26k miles ($700). Constant reliability problems (not including small items under $50), in a short 4 years, I've experienced a cracked drive shaft, cracked convertible top, bubbled coating on both door handles, failed convertible top mechanism, belt replacement after 2.5 years, interior paint degrading & peeling off

One fine convertible
By walywrld on 07/08/08 15:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I did a lot of research before buying this car and it paid off. This is one outstanding car which I am completely satisfied with. It is more enjoyable than I expected. The power is awesome, it drives great, is great for weekend road trips, the steering is dead on, exceptional driving experience. I find it quiet for a convertible, quieter cruising at highway speeds than its competitors. I find the seats comfortable and supportive, it is cozy but it is a 2 seat sports car, what does one expect? I have taken several long trips in the car and find it comfortable on the road. I can drive all day and am not tired and "beaten". Overall, the Z is well laid out and comfortable.

1 FUN Z!!
By Suechat on 05/12/08 07:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car just as my son was turning 16; my present to myself after having driven the same car for 10 years that I gave to my son. I never thought that driving a vehicle could be so much fun. I ABSOLUTELY love my car. It has been babied for the 2+ years I have owned it.

Good, Not Perfect, Sports Car
By Phat Larry on 12/18/06 06:36 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my convertible Z for 3 months and have 3,000 miles on it. I've previously owned Mustang GT's and Corvettes, but wouldn't consider another one due to AWFUL reliability. I also test drove the S2000 (way too small and cramped), the Z3/4 (too cramped) and the new Miata (still underpowered). I have to pretty much agree with the Editor's review. The Z runs great with a nicely tuned exhaust, handles great, is roomy, has some good amenities, and looks sweeeet. The downside is the small trunk (esp.in the convertible), cheap interior plastics (esp the console cover which is garbage), bland gauge lighting, and very mediocre gas mileage. I have yet to get more than 20 mpg even with hwy driving.

Hot Tamale
By R.E.T. on 10/30/06 07:00 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Test drove every Roadster under $60K before buying; narrowed field to Boxster, Z4, 350Z. Though I've always driven German, found myself returning again & again to the Nissan. Quicker (no turbo lag!) & more powerful than my '04 250HP Audi TT Roadster, handles/corners better, too. However, TT had better quality materials (interior dash & console, exterior paint, etc.). TT's (Bose) sound system far superior to 350Z's (also Bose). Z system surprisingly tinny & weak. 350Z top drops & stows quickly and effortlessly -- action is smooth as silk. Looks, performance, power, price, fun-factor combined; 350Z can't be beat. Seriously fun to drive & a real head-turner (especially in red!)

Great Ride
By Bill on 09/18/06 19:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my black on black Z six months ago and fell in love with it. With the top down riding in the sun other drivers roll down their windows to comment on the great looks of the car. I'm over 6 foot and find it very comfortable. The ride is better than a friends Corvette and I found it more roomy then the Honda S2000. When driving on the interstate with the top down I can hold a conversation with a passenger without screaming. Handling is exceptional and performance top notch. I would recommend this car to anyone that enjoys the open road or just cruising.

First Thoughts
By Tom on 09/04/06 13:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car only 3 months, but have taken it on a 2800 mile vacation to Nova Scotia. I found the performance to be great and have been pleasantly surprised by the fuel economy. The car was very comfortable throughout long drives and it sounds great. My only critisism (which I consider minor) is that the car should have an 8 way adjustable driver's power seat instead of the provided 4 way seat.

Super Black
By Betty Eddings Winley on 08/07/06 12:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I enjoy my ride experience with the 350Z. I love the convertible style and also observed that it is an eye- catcher...almost a magnet chemistry from the watchers! I contacted the eastern district corporate office and suggested to them to improve the brake system to avoid brake dust accumulation on the attractive wheels.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.