Used 2006 Nissan 350Z Touring Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Nice Car - my first 350Z - Silver
By bill350zzzz

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up a 350Z Roadster 2 weeks ago. It has 36K miles on it, I am the third owner. The car is very clean with the exception of showing some wear in the interior. The previous owner liked Jewelry I have a feeling. This is my first sports car. All I can say is it's a blast to drive, especially with the top down. I'll take care of the interior with some time. The car puts a smile on my face when ever I sit in the cockpit. Enough said. Good value.

6 speed manual, the convertible top, and the stereo.

The newer 370 series addresses the issues of cheap interior materials.

Great car and fun to drive
By dinola

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car is fun to drive and it definitely gets s lot of looks. Even though the car almost five years old it still has a great style. The engine sounds is awesome. I have had few problems with the car except for having to replace the convertible top becasue it was cracking. Fortunately that was under warranty. The other problem has been the tires and the air pressure indicators. I had to replace the tires at 24,000 miles ($1100). The tires are quite pricey. But the most bothersome item is the air pressure indicator. They seem to be on a lot. The dealer has replaced a few of them over the years. But they seem to be always going on and the dealer is the only one that can turn it off.

The convertible top going down. Driving through wine country with the top down. It doesn't get any better than that.

Improve the quality of the convertible top, air pressure indicators for the tires. Everything else is great.

It's been fun, but....
By Z_Owner

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my manual 2006 350Z Touring Convertible for 4 years, been fun but expected higher quality & reliability for $40k. Good-Fun car to drive, great styling, always turns heads. Good power, good mileage. I don't drive it very hard, it's a commute vehicle, but have pushed the speed and cornering a few times and had a blast. Bad-The stock tires had to be replaced after 26k miles ($700). Constant reliability problems (not including small items under $50), in a short 4 years, I've experienced a cracked drive shaft, cracked convertible top, bubbled coating on both door handles, failed convertible top mechanism, belt replacement after 2.5 years, interior paint degrading & peeling off

Body Style and Overall Look, One Touch Convertible Top, Easy-to-Use Console Settings, Quiet drive with top up, handles well, strong braking

Make the vehicle more reliable overall, improve the quality of the interior/exterior coatings/paint, improve clunkiness of transmission in low gears, use slightly longer life stock tires

One fine convertible
By walywrld

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I did a lot of research before buying this car and it paid off. This is one outstanding car which I am completely satisfied with. It is more enjoyable than I expected. The power is awesome, it drives great, is great for weekend road trips, the steering is dead on, exceptional driving experience. I find it quiet for a convertible, quieter cruising at highway speeds than its competitors. I find the seats comfortable and supportive, it is cozy but it is a 2 seat sports car, what does one expect? I have taken several long trips in the car and find it comfortable on the road. I can drive all day and am not tired and "beaten". Overall, the Z is well laid out and comfortable.

Outstanding power. Super handling. Fine road car. Quiet for a convertible. Very good mpg. Great all around sports car.

Cannot think of a thing I would change. I considered and drove the Honda S2K, BMW Z-4, Mustang GT, Mazda Miata, and Pontiac Solstice. I found the Z by far a better all around sports car than any of those. This is a great convertible package that I highly recommend.

1 FUN Z!!
By Suechat

2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car just as my son was turning 16; my present to myself after having driven the same car for 10 years that I gave to my son. I never thought that driving a vehicle could be so much fun. I ABSOLUTELY love my car. It has been babied for the 2+ years I have owned it.

Love the cockpit feel of the car... I feel surrounded. Especially love the Bose sound system and the two speakers behind the driver's seat allow me to 'feel' my music.

I can't think of any improvements. Saw others stating that the car is hard for tall people to fit into; my husband says that same thing (he is 6'2"). I say that it is all the more reason for him NOT to drive my car! The passenger seat has plenty of leg room for tall guys!