2006 Nissan 350Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
Love my Z
By ceavila on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I enjoy driving my car everyday through South Florida. Since I got my car I cannot stop thinking where to go next. I recommend this car to anyone who is single since is only a 2 seat car.

Great car!
By Chezjuan on 07/02/10 05:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006 350Z (base) in August that year and still love every second behind the wheel. Not only is it (very) fun to drive - even around town - but the only time it is ever in the shop is for routine maintenance. Since I live in the mid-Atlantic region, I use it year round, but I did get a set of good winter tires, which are a must if the Z is ever going to see snow. The gas mileage I get driving around town (~19 combined) is decent for the class of car and engine, but nothing spectacular. While the car is comfortable for shorter drives, I start to feel anything over about 4 hours (mainly in my right leg since the base model does not have cruise control).

Fun 2-Seat Coupe
By No Business Of Yours on 02/09/09 10:44 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought one used after deciding I needed a new car. Went with the 350Z rather than a WRX or S2000 simply because its sexier than the Subaru and more muscular that the S2000. Been extremely satisfied so far. Drives like a dream, hugs through corners without a complaint, tranny is relatively solid though clunky, and even gets decent MPG for a sports car. Definitely turns heads, especially with the Solar Orange paint, as its more rare to see than the likes of Mustangs and Camaros. My only serious complaint so far is the interior quality -- the black paint- like surfaces are easily scratched up. The interior more or less looks like a cheaply constructed cockpit.

The best sports car for its value
By flipflop214 on 10/23/08 12:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Before buying the Z I test drove the Honda S2K, Mazda RX8, and the BMW Z4. By comparison to all of these cars the 350Z really stood out. The acceleration and torque is much more noticeable than its rivals. The throaty exhaust sounds awesome! There are tons of modifications that you could do to this car! I upgraded the pulleys, exhaust system, intake and wheels (roughly estimating about 5k all together with labor) and this 350Z is ready to compete with the German cars that are twice as expensive! Just get the base model and tune it up to your liking! I love this car even if my wife is asking me to get rid of it to get a German sports sedan! LOL.. NEVER!

Most Bang For the Buck
By DamonH on 06/30/07 18:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd Z. My first was an 03 Enthusiast with the 5A. I couldn't stand the car. I had it only 6 months and sold it. I bought my 06 last August. It's the base model with the 6 speed manual. This is the most fun car I've ever owned. It's a complete 180 from the 03. The exhaust note is amazing, gas mileage is awesome for a 300 hp car, and the reliability can't be beat. This is my weekend car, while my 07 Audi A4 is the daily driver. The Z gets a little bone-jarring after a while, but I always have a blast driving.

It's a Z...what else is there to know?
By shabba on 01/09/07 13:09 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Since 2003, I've wanted one of these so it was my time to do it this month. I'm quite happy I did. I own several Z's (and have owned many) so I can say this car has the Z soul. I didn't need to compare it to other cars (TT, Boxster, S2k) though I have driven them and they all have their strengths. The Z remains a pure and exciting sports car that has a soul and a personality. A fine purchase that I am proud of.

Still having fun
By Bob on 12/29/06 11:07 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Had the base model now for 6 months and loving it. The take off is astounding clean shifts and comfy interior. Gas mileage I've been getting is around 24 mpg half highway half city. The interior on the 06 is a nice improvement over the 05. It feels far more solid. Trunk space is fine for me and I can accommodate a lot it only takes a while to organize the trunk if I do a big shopping trip. Very roomy for 2 people and road noise is low unless you run at high revs then the engine loves to growl. Passing power great even in 5th gear 6th for cruising mainly. Haven't had anything break or make funny noises. Cant get a hold of an appointment at the dealership for maint to save my life.

Nissan finally made something right
By SOJ on 11/09/06 15:26 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The Nissan 350z. What a beautiful car. I used to own a 1996 300zx. That was a pure driving pleasure. The 2006 350z takes after that exact vehicle. This car handles great, is fun to drive and gets pretty decent gas mileage with my heavy foot. I am always pulling between 370-390 each tank of gas, and thats city driving! Vehicle has power to spare in every gear, virtually no lag what so ever! You hit the gas and you're gone. Awesome vehicle, good job Nissan. All this coming from a die hard Toyota man. About time they bring that Supra back huh? Anyways for 30k, you can't beat this vehicle..

Amazing Performance and Deal
By randyest on 10/03/06 16:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've driven many sports cars and this is my favorite ever. The Porsche Boxster has it beat a bit on handling, some muscle cars (such as the GTO) have more horsepower, and a few have more torque. But for ~$30k you get more from the 350Z in all those categories than you can in just one category from many cars that run $50k+. And it's such a gorgeous car with a unique look. Pictures can't do it justice -- you have to see it to appreciate the look. I even like the interior a lot, which some seem to complain about. It's compfortable, well-laid out, the gauges move with the steering wheel tilt (first time I've seen that), and the textured surfaces are both interesting and easy to clean.

350Z
By georgetown59 on 09/23/06 08:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

excellent auto; just puts fun back in driving; what an affordable GT should be; really love this one

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.