2006 Nissan 350Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
Way fun to drive
By cablainer on 05/16/14 21:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 50k miles and was in mint condition. The dealer had to replace the passenger window motor before I took it home. I have driven for a year as my daily driver and have taken trips like LA to Vegas and San Diego. This car is awesome. Superior handling, Has major guns and is FAST! Always gets looks and positive comments wherever I go and it over 4 years old. Its flashy but not vulger. I use synthetic oil and change it every 3 months. I have NEVER had to add ANY oil ever! It just doesnt got through it. i have had Zero problems at all. Extremly reliable car. Comfort short trips OK., Long trips not so much. Little storage and tiny trunk are my only complaints.

Color me an Advocate
By in2themystyc on 11/30/12 20:34 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Pretty happy with my Z. I am the happy 2nd owner of a 2006 GT convertible with ~15K miles. She's like new. I like almost everything about it - good looks, fun to drive, quality fit and finish. The mileage isn't the best, but what do you expect? Its great as a 2nd car, but not sure I'd want it as a primary driver. I really enjoy the 3 F's - fast, fun...oh, and fast. The top is easy up-and-down. In the '06, missing USB and i-connectivity is rough, but I had Sirrius/XM installed and it sounds great on the Bose system. Can't wait for my next Z!

Nice Car - my first 350Z - Silver
By bill350zzzz on 05/08/11 16:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up a 350Z Roadster 2 weeks ago. It has 36K miles on it, I am the third owner. The car is very clean with the exception of showing some wear in the interior. The previous owner liked Jewelry I have a feeling. This is my first sports car. All I can say is it's a blast to drive, especially with the top down. I'll take care of the interior with some time. The car puts a smile on my face when ever I sit in the cockpit. Enough said. Good value.

Love my Z
By ceavila on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I enjoy driving my car everyday through South Florida. Since I got my car I cannot stop thinking where to go next. I recommend this car to anyone who is single since is only a 2 seat car.

Great car!
By Chezjuan on 07/02/10 05:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006 350Z (base) in August that year and still love every second behind the wheel. Not only is it (very) fun to drive - even around town - but the only time it is ever in the shop is for routine maintenance. Since I live in the mid-Atlantic region, I use it year round, but I did get a set of good winter tires, which are a must if the Z is ever going to see snow. The gas mileage I get driving around town (~19 combined) is decent for the class of car and engine, but nothing spectacular. While the car is comfortable for shorter drives, I start to feel anything over about 4 hours (mainly in my right leg since the base model does not have cruise control).

I love my Z
By Z GUY on 05/12/10 16:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 6th car and it's every thing I want it to be. It's sexy, fast, and handles like a dream. It is not very practical but I will never trade it in. It has never been to the shop and drives just has good as it dayi the first day I got it.

Great car and fun to drive
By dinola on 04/07/10 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car is fun to drive and it definitely gets s lot of looks. Even though the car almost five years old it still has a great style. The engine sounds is awesome. I have had few problems with the car except for having to replace the convertible top becasue it was cracking. Fortunately that was under warranty. The other problem has been the tires and the air pressure indicators. I had to replace the tires at 24,000 miles ($1100). The tires are quite pricey. But the most bothersome item is the air pressure indicator. They seem to be on a lot. The dealer has replaced a few of them over the years. But they seem to be always going on and the dealer is the only one that can turn it off.

After 4 years, still turns my own head
By Christine on 02/24/10 22:59 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After having driven my Toyota Celica 293,000 miles without a single problem short of a flat tire one time, I decided to get another awesome looking car in a convertible. This car rocks! i have had it for 4 years now with no downtime, incredible handling, solid feel and performance on all kinds of surfaces, turns, and weather. My only complaint is the interior paint on the door peels off easily. Dashboard and controls are friendly, well-placed for real driving. Cockpit is made for comfort and incredibly body-friendly even on long drives. I drove this car along Rt 66 starting from Phila, through Chicago and to Southern california and it was a comfort rocket all the way & great fuel economy

It's been fun, but....
By Z_Owner on 01/11/10 09:58 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my manual 2006 350Z Touring Convertible for 4 years, been fun but expected higher quality & reliability for $40k. Good-Fun car to drive, great styling, always turns heads. Good power, good mileage. I don't drive it very hard, it's a commute vehicle, but have pushed the speed and cornering a few times and had a blast. Bad-The stock tires had to be replaced after 26k miles ($700). Constant reliability problems (not including small items under $50), in a short 4 years, I've experienced a cracked drive shaft, cracked convertible top, bubbled coating on both door handles, failed convertible top mechanism, belt replacement after 2.5 years, interior paint degrading & peeling off

More than I expected
By I 1DER on 08/10/09 23:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Ordered the car so I got exactly what I wanted. After getting 320,000 miles and counting out of my '93 Pathfinder with absolute minimum maintenance and trouble, I decided the Nissan Z would make great sense to me if I could get 200,000 good miles out of it. Three years later at 50K miles I'll be very surprised if I don't. The only concern has been oil consumption of about a quart every 3000-4500 miles. To me that is borderline, but I don't have to add oil if it is changed at that interval anyway. Absolutely no other problem except with one tire pressure sensor when car was fairly new. I mostly drive rural back roads and take trips. Must use at least all- season tires in northern winters.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.