Stealthy Sports Car
By exu2boy on
2005 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
This throaty 350Z V6 burbles happily at idle, thrums at speed, and roars with excitement during acceleration, but without the *screaming* that the S2000 and RX-8 force the driver to endure. This is a sports car and it's not designed for everybody. I had a back spasm for a week as my body adjusted to the tight seat and high window sill (where my elbow rests when I lazily cruise). The Z is a great highway commuter car; I get 27mpg on the highway cruising at 85mph. A quick downshift into 5th and I can pass anything with ease.
Favorite Features
6-speed shifter is precise and a pleasure to run through; leather- wrapped steering wheel and instrument cluster tilt together; hatchback operation makes the minimal storage area extremely easy to access; fabulous gas milage; this car makes me giddy.
Suggested Improvements
I really wish I had cruise control, but couldn't justify spending $2700 for it; better tires - the Potenza RE040 are terrible in rain and horribly noisy; needs brighter radio illumination as one can't see its display at all; more substantial dead pedal as it's just too small.