2005 Nissan 350Z Consumer Review: New Z Owner Impressions

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe - Consumer Review

New Z Owner Impressions
By Kangster on

2005 Nissan 350Z Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After thinking long and hard about it, I decided to get this car over the Subaru WRX STI. I don't have kids yet and when I do, I know I won't be getting another sports car until they've grown. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and am very pleased. There is no Performance model for the 2006 model year, I guess they wanted to sell more Track models, but by far I think this has the best features (DSC, VDC, auto-dimming mirror) for the price (don't need to pay for leather, bad bose stereo, stock GPS etc). For those who want more HP out of this thing it's fairly easily done with aftermarket performace parts like a twin turbo. I've seen you can get it to 500HP if you really wanted to.

Somepeople find it boring, but I find the interior very Zen. I don't spend too much time looking at my interior. I'm average sized so the seats are very comfortable to me, I can't wait to take it on a road trip. Customizable--there are lots of cubbyholes and spaces to but a sub, dvd player, XBOX!

Improve the rearward visibility. My wife's convertible Mini has terrible rearward visibility but it includes a backup sensor (standard) to warn you if you are about to hit something. I plan to put in a rear-view camera for backing up. That should be an option when buying this car.