Big rear ends are still in fashion
By Chris on
2005 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
I wasn't really liking the convertible vs. the coupe, but I looked at them anyway. I traded in my CLK-500 cab to buy a 2 seater Z. It's mostly for weekend drives, but I love it! I like it more now, than when I actually bought it. You must drive with the top down though. You will get in an accident with the top up; you cannot see a thing, whatsoever. The sad thing, is that you will never use 1st gear. In fact I think I've used it 3 times for the 900 miles I've put on the car. Now I know why Infinity is making a 7-speed skyline. I looked between the S-2000, Z4, and SLK models. This topped them all.
Favorite Features
The trunk space. There is a separate compartment for the top (that's why it has the big rear end). It's low but large. The steering is awesome. The gauges are sweet. The gas mileage is reputable (18-24) depending on where you drive)
Suggested Improvements
The blindspot with the top up. It is impossible to clean the inside of the doors because of the dry fabric used. Smelly if you use the clutch too much. I'm not getting the whole 280 horses since I can't use 1st gear. It's impossible. I bought a six-speed not a 5-speed. I still would buy this car.