Used 2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Blast to drive
By Jedi Z

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This has to be the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. Sure, its small and other cars are a little faster but the combination of Japanese quality and unique styling make a true winner.

Narly exhaust note, lots of torque, looks great, decent gas mileage, comfortable, handles like on rails, lots of upgrades available, no reliability problems (awesome after owning 6 different Mustangs).

Needs about 50 more HP, thats it!

great car
By mike

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Track 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

From the day I drove off the car lot I have never had such a great driving experience as I have had with my 350Z. I have driven many performance cars and the 350Z is the best.

I love the looks of the 350Z.

nothing

Great Fun to Dollar Ratio
By MGHTYDX

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great fun to drive. Tremendous turning radius. Very nimble and handles corners superbly.

The styling is the best. Love the amazing power in such a small car. Gauges are perfectly sized and situated.

Improve rear visibility. Find better locations for cup holders. The driver has to have extra long arms or be a contortionist as it is. Could get some more luggage room by modifiying the rear stabilizing bar. Audio controls should be on the steering wheel.

Fun and Dependable
By miriam sexton

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car! I bought a brickyard color, 2003 touring model back in december 2004 and would gladly do it again. The car was purchased sight unseen from a dealer in Skokie, IL. I live in Alabama. I shopped around the internet for months until I found the best deal I thought I could get. I specifically wanted the burgundy color and an automatic with all the goodies. The car was shipped down here and I have been delighted with it since its arrival. I would definitely recommend this type of car for someone who wants to have fun while driving but also wants to know they are buying a reliable product.

My favorite feature is everything! I simply love everything about this 350Z.

The only improvement I can even think of is, on my 300ZX, you could press a button to unlock the hatch from the drivers seat. In the 350Z, you have to get out of the car and open it. If that's all I can come up with, someone did an exceptional job putting everything together in this car.

A Mistake
By aewj

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Want to look good on the road? Then this may be your car. The body styling is sleek and exotic. It is fitted with an engine that sounds mean and has the zip to really move you. The true test of ownership, though, comes from driving for several months. After that, you realize the Z requires patience at the repair shop and money - lots of it. During the brief periods that the car is out of the shop, it is fun to drive. The bucket seats are narrow and can be quite uncomfortable after several hours of driving. Mechanical problems, dealer/warranty issues, and an uncomfortable ride are the price for looking good on the road. Unfortunately, the fun soon subsides.

The appearance is truly awesome and the power of the Z is a real blast - especially if you are used to a 4 or 6 cyclinder sedan.

First, a total recall. The car is not nearly ready for production and suffers from design immaturity. Second, Nissan needs to solve the tire tracking problem (a set of tires is gone in less than a year). Third, Nissan warranty and dealer support needs help. Smiling while saying "no" is not good PR.

• SUV