Used 2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Great Car
By Roger

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely fun car. Always makes a bad day great! Compare to others on maket and the Z is without a doubt most polished for the price. Plenty of power, great features, and really clean looks, especially with top put away.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature would have to be the way the top is hidden when down, and the tire monitoring system.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to have a monitoring system at the front to indicate where curbs are and at rear to indicate where objects are when backing.

Love My Car!
By Heidi Kolb

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Enthusiast 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In the past 10+ years I've had the opportunity to own some really great high performance cars: corvettes, mercedes, BMW's. This little Nissan is by far my favorite car of all time! It fits me like a glove and is a blast to drive! In a few of the other 'high performance' cars I was not as comfortable with the drive or the performance. This car truly feels like an extention of me. It also attracts some attention which is always fun! I love the fact that I see very few other Nissan 350Z Convertibles when I am out ~ and there seems to be a corvette or BMW at every corner. It is really fun to drive something that looks and feels 'special'. I plan to keep this car for a very long time.

Favorite Features

hmmmm...has to be the very cool way the convertible top comes down/up.

Suggested Improvements

nothing that I can think of...

Love my Z
By melissakwl

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having finally crossed over to a 2- seater after many years/makes of the Maxima...I've learned the driving experience like that from the Z easily makes up for not having a back seat. Sooo much fun to drive. Get a Z and never look back!

Favorite Features

Sooooo responsive. The Automatic is tuned well enough that I rarely go to the faux-manual transmission. Great Bose stereo!

Suggested Improvements

The plastic in the interior appears cheap to me. I've learned to look past it as the cars around me blur in my rear-view mirror.

Head turner
By Jack

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Always get compliments on its appearance. Step on the gas and fall back into your seat. Great handling and a real blast to drive. A fun spirited car. All of this wrapped up in a very reasonable price. I also purchased an extended warranty (7 yrs 84k miles) which I thought was reasonably priced.

Favorite Features

Overall appearance..excellent acceleration..handles turns flawlessly..all of the envious looks from other drivers..love the fast top up/down time and that the top is totally hidden

Suggested Improvements

Need a trunk release button inside the car..if possible upgrade fuel door hinge it seems a little flimsy..if possible bring glovebox to dash area it is a real pain behind passenger seat.steering wheel controls for the radio ..overall though a wonderful car

Just Z Facts
By ZeeBest

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just 2 weeks old and can't get enough. So far so good. Excellent off the line, great steering feedback. Convertable is a breeze (Easy to use). The throaty sound is a nice touch. Excellent on Highways and shows little effort while cruising at high speeds. Time will tell on the quality and repairs. Interior is utilitarian and not flashy but has the essentials. You have to get Navigation. It works fantastic on this car. I tried to fake it out but to no avail. I also own a BMW328i and used to consider it my sports car....but no longer is that the case. Hopefully will have years of enjoyment....so far so good.

Favorite Features

Navigation. Engine power. Convertable. Design and shape.

Suggested Improvements

AC comes on when starting the car. Wish it was the other way around. Rear visability is poor. All Power seats. Currently there are 2 wheels on the side of the seat, they should be electric. Steering wheel radio controls.