Used 2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Head Turner and a Road burner
By Andrew

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first time I have experienced driving a Z, I am in total awe of its performance and handling. I bought the Ultra yellow Roadster, it has every head turning. The six speed is awesome, the clutch and shifting makes the driving experience wonderful. The leather seats and all the extra accessories makes driving the car a better experience. I would recommend anyone that is looking for an inexpensive sports car, go to the nearest Nissan dealership and test drive for yourself. Then you will get the ultimate review.

heated, power, leather seats, ultra yellow exterior color, large speaker behind drivers seat, brimbro brakes, six speed manual, six cd changer, cruise control, eighteen inch wheels w/high performance tires.

all wheel drive, little bit more horse power, retractable antenna

What a fun vehicle!
By Randy

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is one outstanding car to drive, especially with the top down in the sun! With power and giddy-up to boot, I'd say it'd be find a more fun ride. However, I am beginning to notice some unneccesary wear of the relatively cheap interior materials and workmanship.

Steering and top end acceleration

Interior materials

Great car, a few glitches.
By craigj

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Overall I love this car - it looks great and handles great. The performance is great and though the ride is stiff, I find it to be comfortable even for 2 or 3 hour rides. I get about 19 mpg which is all surface streets, even getting on it occasionally :). The handling is very neutral - not too much oversteer, just what you'd expect from this configuration. The interior is, in my opinion, just right for a sports car - nice and clean, a little spartan. the exterior is just beautiful, especially in titanium with the 18" wheels and brembo brakes. I do feel that there are some issues with the build quality. To date I've encountered a leaking roof, a drivetrane rattle, misaimed headlights.

My favorite features would be the performance and handeling. The exaust is tuned just right, agressive but not too loud. the 8-way adjustable seate are very comfortable. It is fun to watch the automatic top in action, and is worth the trunk space I'm sure it cost.

fit and finish is good but not great. Put the heated seat switches somewhere else - they are right under your arm/elbow when shifting. Stereo is good, but could be better. 5.1 DVD and iPod interface would be nice along with controls on the stearing wheel. Fuel filler cap hangs against the paint.

Best car so far!
By John

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Have had this baby for almost a month so far, can't say enough about how much I love it! The drive, handling, power, mpg, and the list goes on! Still have my 2003 Maxima for times when this might not be practical. In the past have had a Mitsubishi 300 GTVR-4, couple of Honda Preludes incl Vtec, etc and two Maximas. Nissan does a great job. This car makes driving fun. You'll get lots of compliments. I find I want to take the long route anywhere I go.

The interior design, everything is wraps right around you. The 6-speed is tight, great shifting... what a difference over my 6-speed Maxima! Trunk space on the Roadster is tight but manageable. Let's face it, a car this small is not something I'd expect to load alot of stuff in.

Center console-the cup holders are back a bit too far, kind of awkward. I don't mind the storage behind the seat, though I have read how others expect a glove compartment of some kind up front.

lots of speed and tire noise
By eyes

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great ride with the top down. Plenty of power and still more power available. Holds the road beautifully. The tire noise is a problem. The trunk space is miniscule. The rear view is really miniscule though one does get used to it. Seats are comfortable but cabin is poorly laid out.

Speed and road handling are superb.

Get rid of the tire noise.