2005 Nissan 350Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
Great car, a few glitches.
By craigj on 09/11/05 04:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Overall I love this car - it looks great and handles great. The performance is great and though the ride is stiff, I find it to be comfortable even for 2 or 3 hour rides. I get about 19 mpg which is all surface streets, even getting on it occasionally :). The handling is very neutral - not too much oversteer, just what you'd expect from this configuration. The interior is, in my opinion, just right for a sports car - nice and clean, a little spartan. the exterior is just beautiful, especially in titanium with the 18" wheels and brembo brakes. I do feel that there are some issues with the build quality. To date I've encountered a leaking roof, a drivetrane rattle, misaimed headlights.

Nissan lost my business
By Exit Nissan on 09/09/05 00:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Track 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Build quality is the worst I've ever seen. 2,000 dollars in rotor work before the car had 18,000 miles on it. Window stuck, trans was a mess and the list goes on. New tires on the front at 8,000, 12,000 and 16,000 miles. The best deal I ever made was selling it. I'll never buy a Nissan again nor will any of the 47 family members who drive by Nissan. HUGE disappointment...

Great
By Roy on 09/01/05 14:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great pickup, i love the stick, and there have been no problems. The interior is below average. Its horrible that i couldnt seat more than two people.

owned new 1977,280-Z
By Jeff on 08/20/05 06:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Anniversary Edition 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just purchased, so unable to give reliability review. Luv look, handles like slot racer, good power, interior i appeal sparse. Would like tach on top like other 3 gauges.

Biased Z review by enthusiast
By Landbarger on 08/17/05 13:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love it. It's a GREAT car, mixing the drivability and fun of American 'muscle' and the weight and handling of more hardcore sports cars. Finding a line somewhere between the portly Mustang GT and the more-purist Honda S2000, the 350Z is a classic example of excellent lines, medium displacement (3.5L V6=more torque than typical pocket rockets) and acceptable (3200lb) curb weight. No one who drives the Z will be disappointed with the performance so long as they keep in mind the price and 'goal' market. Particularly, the 350Z beats everything in close competition (3L+ V6), the new Eclipse (less hp, less mpg), the Crossfire (less hp, worse handling), and the R32 (looks, probably mpg, too).

nice
By johnny on 08/10/05 23:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is fast and fun to ride...but not for every day driving....great look to it. Interior is flawless with the two tone colors and it does not hurt the pocket...

Best car so far!
By John on 08/10/05 21:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Have had this baby for almost a month so far, can't say enough about how much I love it! The drive, handling, power, mpg, and the list goes on! Still have my 2003 Maxima for times when this might not be practical. In the past have had a Mitsubishi 300 GTVR-4, couple of Honda Preludes incl Vtec, etc and two Maximas. Nissan does a great job. This car makes driving fun. You'll get lots of compliments. I find I want to take the long route anywhere I go.

Blast to drive
By Jedi Z on 08/10/05 17:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This has to be the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. Sure, its small and other cars are a little faster but the combination of Japanese quality and unique styling make a true winner.

lots of speed and tire noise
By eyes on 08/09/05 20:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great ride with the top down. Plenty of power and still more power available. Holds the road beautifully. The tire noise is a problem. The trunk space is miniscule. The rear view is really miniscule though one does get used to it. Seats are comfortable but cabin is poorly laid out.

great car
By mike on 08/08/05 15:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Track 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

From the day I drove off the car lot I have never had such a great driving experience as I have had with my 350Z. I have driven many performance cars and the 350Z is the best.