Used 2005 Nissan 350Z Consumer Reviews - 191 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan 350Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Stealthy Sports Car
By exu2boy

2005 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This throaty 350Z V6 burbles happily at idle, thrums at speed, and roars with excitement during acceleration, but without the *screaming* that the S2000 and RX-8 force the driver to endure. This is a sports car and it's not designed for everybody. I had a back spasm for a week as my body adjusted to the tight seat and high window sill (where my elbow rests when I lazily cruise). The Z is a great highway commuter car; I get 27mpg on the highway cruising at 85mph. A quick downshift into 5th and I can pass anything with ease.

6-speed shifter is precise and a pleasure to run through; leather- wrapped steering wheel and instrument cluster tilt together; hatchback operation makes the minimal storage area extremely easy to access; fabulous gas milage; this car makes me giddy.

I really wish I had cruise control, but couldn't justify spending $2700 for it; better tires - the Potenza RE040 are terrible in rain and horribly noisy; needs brighter radio illumination as one can't see its display at all; more substantial dead pedal as it's just too small.

endless warranty work
By macrayz

2005 Nissan 350Z Track 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have had over half a dozen warranty jobs done on this car in its short lifespan. This includes a complete transmission that was grinding gears. The interior is full of cheep plastic. Insurance rates are rediculous for the car as well. I average 15.2 mpg.

center mounted tach, exterior styling and that is it

Love My Car!
By Heidi Kolb

2005 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In the past 10+ years I've had the opportunity to own some really great high performance cars: corvettes, mercedes, BMW's. This little Nissan is by far my favorite car of all time! It fits me like a glove and is a blast to drive! In a few of the other 'high performance' cars I was not as comfortable with the drive or the performance. This car truly feels like an extention of me. It also attracts some attention which is always fun! I love the fact that I see very few other Nissan 350Z Convertibles when I am out ~ and there seems to be a corvette or BMW at every corner. It is really fun to drive something that looks and feels 'special'. I plan to keep this car for a very long time.

hmmmm...has to be the very cool way the convertible top comes down/up.

nothing that I can think of...

Handles Like A GoKart
By Humam Talhami

2005 Nissan 350Z Track 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love the car. I do not like the fact the VDC does not fully turn off when the button is in the "Off" setting.

The handling is amazing. No matter how fast you go around a corner, it sticks.

It would nice if it had more horsepower. I would like to see 0 to 60 numbers in the 4's.

nice car
By steve

2005 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

one of the funnest cars to drive i've had in a while. the cornering is amazing.the interior is nice and geared toward the driver. stereo is not bad but can fit a kenwood dvd nicely. real eye turner, expect compliments.

the cornering and body design

i'm a speed freak so a little more horsepower would be good. would like it to be faster than the mustang in the 1/4 mile