Used 2005 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan 350z - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Fast, fun, and beautiful.
By thaibxrusa

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

September, 2012, I was lucky enough to find a 2005 350Z with just 10,500 miles. I bought it from a retiree that garage kept it from day one. In 1.5 years I've already added 20K miles because I want to drive it everywhere I go. It could be a little faster but with 300 horses, it's hard to complain about. It also draws a lot of looks and I get compliments often. Mine is Daytona Blue and the color really pops. I did replace the Bose stereo but there's nothing else you can do to make this car any better. The gas mileage in the city isn't great, around 19mpg, but I took it on a 1,500 mile trip, all highway with the AC on, and got an average of 31mpg, believe it or not.

Yes, I'm buying out my lease...
By Deb

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Fast, fun - get lots of compliments all the time everywhere I go. Went to lease blue, came home with black. Love the dash, foot pedals and overall appearance of the car. Mileage is OK, depends on how you drive it (lead foot = lower mileage). Normal driving nets better mileage, but it's hard to stay under the speed limit. Would have leased a new one, but the dealers' aren't dealing, so I'm going to keep mine with low mileage, 3,000 mile oil changes and hand washed since I brought her home. She's a keeper.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, dash layout and interior doors, handles.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk pop-up sometimes gets caught; could be the weather here. Not sure. My tire pressure sensor was too sensitive; going off several times a year. I put nitrogen in the tires now and that seems to have cleared up the problem.

350ZZZZZZZZZ
By Bill

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great car as stock and I don't think additional cost of other versions worthwhile. Best performance bang for the buck with perfect reliability and comfort.

Favorite Features

Power, sound, looks, handling, and great for long rides.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother gear shift. Currently feels too heavy.

Big rear ends are still in fashion
By Chris

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I wasn't really liking the convertible vs. the coupe, but I looked at them anyway. I traded in my CLK-500 cab to buy a 2 seater Z. It's mostly for weekend drives, but I love it! I like it more now, than when I actually bought it. You must drive with the top down though. You will get in an accident with the top up; you cannot see a thing, whatsoever. The sad thing, is that you will never use 1st gear. In fact I think I've used it 3 times for the 900 miles I've put on the car. Now I know why Infinity is making a 7-speed skyline. I looked between the S-2000, Z4, and SLK models. This topped them all.

Favorite Features

The trunk space. There is a separate compartment for the top (that's why it has the big rear end). It's low but large. The steering is awesome. The gauges are sweet. The gas mileage is reputable (18-24) depending on where you drive)

Suggested Improvements

The blindspot with the top up. It is impossible to clean the inside of the doors because of the dry fabric used. Smelly if you use the clutch too much. I'm not getting the whole 280 horses since I can't use 1st gear. It's impossible. I bought a six-speed not a 5-speed. I still would buy this car.

A lot for the money
By daveh

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 350Z! It's fast. It handles. It's reliable. It's an excellent value. It's great looking in and out. It's a real drivers car.

Favorite Features

The throttle.

Suggested Improvements

This in an excellent car... but it's not a perfect car. I'm 5'11 and I barely fit in it. My head is at the headliner and Nissan must have used a small person to mold the seats around. Rearward vision is terrible and the stereo is trash. All that aside... I love this car.