Used 2005 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Z Personal Experience
By Ramon Martinez

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In my research for sport performance cars back in 2004 the 350Z came out to be my best option over the Mazda RX-8, Mustang GT, Chrysler Crossfire and Honda S2000. The V6 engine with 274 lb- ft of torque and 287 Hp offers around 22 to 23 average mpg which is great for a sport car. Plenty of torque and interior space over Honda S2000. Interior plastic trim tolerances far better over the Mustang GT 2004 model. Interior design is comfortable for adult drivers up to 6 ft tall. The touring model with automatic transmission and traction control is excellent for everyday driving and leverages shifting fun vs. ease of driving.

Favorite Features

Heated, Powered-Leather seats Bose 6-disk in-dash changer with 10 inch subwoofer. 5 speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode. Side courtain and seat Airbags Climate Control Traction Control HID (High Intensity Discharge) Headlights 4-wheel Anti-lock braking system

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof Option In-cabin microfilter for climate control 18 inch wheels for AT Transmission models

nice
By johnny

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is fast and fun to ride...but not for every day driving....great look to it. Interior is flawless with the two tone colors and it does not hurt the pocket...

Favorite Features

the clusters

Suggested Improvements

Better tires....

Fun and Dependable
By miriam sexton

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car! I bought a brickyard color, 2003 touring model back in december 2004 and would gladly do it again. The car was purchased sight unseen from a dealer in Skokie, IL. I live in Alabama. I shopped around the internet for months until I found the best deal I thought I could get. I specifically wanted the burgundy color and an automatic with all the goodies. The car was shipped down here and I have been delighted with it since its arrival. I would definitely recommend this type of car for someone who wants to have fun while driving but also wants to know they are buying a reliable product.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is everything! I simply love everything about this 350Z.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I can even think of is, on my 300ZX, you could press a button to unlock the hatch from the drivers seat. In the 350Z, you have to get out of the car and open it. If that's all I can come up with, someone did an exceptional job putting everything together in this car.

A Mistake
By aewj

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Want to look good on the road? Then this may be your car. The body styling is sleek and exotic. It is fitted with an engine that sounds mean and has the zip to really move you. The true test of ownership, though, comes from driving for several months. After that, you realize the Z requires patience at the repair shop and money - lots of it. During the brief periods that the car is out of the shop, it is fun to drive. The bucket seats are narrow and can be quite uncomfortable after several hours of driving. Mechanical problems, dealer/warranty issues, and an uncomfortable ride are the price for looking good on the road. Unfortunately, the fun soon subsides.

Favorite Features

The appearance is truly awesome and the power of the Z is a real blast - especially if you are used to a 4 or 6 cyclinder sedan.

Suggested Improvements

First, a total recall. The car is not nearly ready for production and suffers from design immaturity. Second, Nissan needs to solve the tire tracking problem (a set of tires is gone in less than a year). Third, Nissan warranty and dealer support needs help. Smiling while saying "no" is not good PR.

Great Performance, Great Styling
By Mike

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far have 9000 miles on it and it has been trouble free. Very fun to drive. Auto shift will not upshift or downshift automatically like on so many other cars, so it's a lot fun. Dealership located the color and equipment model that I wanted and had it in two days, and expierience was very good overall.

Favorite Features

Great performance, great exhaust note, great handling, comfortable seats, great Bose stereo, looks get lots of stares and attention.

Suggested Improvements

Interior could be better, although for the price and the performance, it's not as bad as some make it out to be, stock tires need to be replaced with winter tires during the winter in cold climates, which I quickly found out.