2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
Fantastic
By rtl on 01/12/06 12:10 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

It makes driving so much fun. It is everything I would ever have expected it to be and more. I have driven Nissan's for years. I had a 280Z, and a few Maxima's but the 350Z if by far the best one I've owned.

New Z Owner Impressions
By Kangster on 12/13/05 12:38 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After thinking long and hard about it, I decided to get this car over the Subaru WRX STI. I don't have kids yet and when I do, I know I won't be getting another sports car until they've grown. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and am very pleased. There is no Performance model for the 2006 model year, I guess they wanted to sell more Track models, but by far I think this has the best features (DSC, VDC, auto-dimming mirror) for the price (don't need to pay for leather, bad bose stereo, stock GPS etc). For those who want more HP out of this thing it's fairly easily done with aftermarket performace parts like a twin turbo. I've seen you can get it to 500HP if you really wanted to.

Biased Z review by enthusiast
By Landbarger on 08/17/05 13:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love it. It's a GREAT car, mixing the drivability and fun of American 'muscle' and the weight and handling of more hardcore sports cars. Finding a line somewhere between the portly Mustang GT and the more-purist Honda S2000, the 350Z is a classic example of excellent lines, medium displacement (3.5L V6=more torque than typical pocket rockets) and acceptable (3200lb) curb weight. No one who drives the Z will be disappointed with the performance so long as they keep in mind the price and 'goal' market. Particularly, the 350Z beats everything in close competition (3L+ V6), the new Eclipse (less hp, less mpg), the Crossfire (less hp, worse handling), and the R32 (looks, probably mpg, too).

Z only car that matters. . .
By m3000gtsl84 on 06/03/05 19:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent engine, and aside from a notchy feel, excellent manual transmission. Gets looks no matter where you are, and will dust anything aside from GTO or Mitsubishi Evo. Handling is excellent, and the car is one of the most solid feeling on the road.All in all, a successful advance from the excellent 300ZX.

I hope you like buying tires
By Ron beckman on 01/27/05 17:12 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car itself was great but i found that i was buying tires every 4 or 5 months. i am 47 years old and the only driver of this car. I do not drive fast. I do not burn the tires. I don't even hit the corners hard. I have a friend who owns a tire dealership and he told me he has put on alot of tires for the new Z and they cannot find any tires that last over 5,000 or 6,000 miles. I am selling the car.

Performance that won't break the Bank
By griffon5 on 01/02/05 20:09 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I finally decided on a Sports Car I looked at an Audi TT and a 350-Z In my mind after diriving both, there was no Comparison. While the Audi TT had a nice leather interior, this car had no performance unless you went with their 3.2 250 HP Upgrade. Needless to say I drove the Z and it was a no brainer. I bought a Performance model with 18" wheels and VDC. For the money you will be hard pressed to find a car that out performs this. Acceleration in the mid range is impressive along with the superb handling characteristics. While the Z's interiors are not exactly plush, I bought it for the performance and Have no complaints, Its a sports car.

the z
By White Smoke on 11/23/04 22:43 PM (PST)

its the best