Used 2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan 350z - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Fast, fun, and beautiful.
By thaibxrusa

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

September, 2012, I was lucky enough to find a 2005 350Z with just 10,500 miles. I bought it from a retiree that garage kept it from day one. In 1.5 years I've already added 20K miles because I want to drive it everywhere I go. It could be a little faster but with 300 horses, it's hard to complain about. It also draws a lot of looks and I get compliments often. Mine is Daytona Blue and the color really pops. I did replace the Bose stereo but there's nothing else you can do to make this car any better. The gas mileage in the city isn't great, around 19mpg, but I took it on a 1,500 mile trip, all highway with the AC on, and got an average of 31mpg, believe it or not.

fairlady?
By ttoussaint21

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

i bought my 2005 base 6 sod manual. car runs great. had some little problems but was purchased used at 78k miles. thermostat went out which caused the car to over heat, headlights went out. and battery went bad, all simple problems. after owning it for a year. i noticed transmission makes a rattling noise at idle. also clutch feels very soft, i've read lots of discussions saying clutch's and tranny's go out a lot in these. also nissan dealerships are never helpful. the car is amazing. couldnt have a better sports car for the money. still looks modern, just know that if you buy one, it's a gamble, and the dealership wont help.

Favorite Features

power, engine sound, handling, exterior looks.

Suggested Improvements

nissan needs to back products. weak clutch. interior is cheap plastic.

Truely a pleasure
By chademerick01

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Well, the very fact that I am taking the time a. sign up for edmunds & b. to review a vehicle, pretty much sums it up- either a great car or I'm very upset. The 350z is amazing.. I also own a Honda civic (great car), but I haven't been able to get out of the Z yet. This car makes you feel like a champion every time you drive it. I honestly would sleep in it if I could. Looks good, sounds freakin awesome (class leading exhaust in my opinion- leave it stock!!), and performs & handles like a dream. Highly recommend- coming from a bang for your buck kind of guy.. Also, Nissan is a reliable engine, what more is needed?

Favorite Features

performance, style, exhaust, compliments.

Suggested Improvements

none that I've found yet

It's a blast!!!
By capgun

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my '05 Z as a CPO with 18k on it in October of 2009. 34k on it now. A windy mountain road will allow you to experience this car's full capabilities. (My wife doesn't tell me to get something practical anymore!) The styling can get you more attention than desired. Ever since I powder coated the wheels black, I get challenged to race every time I take it out. My Z had been trouble free until recently. The left rear wheel bearing went out ($250 fix covered by the CPO warranty) & a short in the dash gauge cluster's mother board ($1,100 fix not covered). At such low mileage, even the dealer agreed this is unusual. But every car has its hiccups. Hopefully it'll be a while before the next.

Favorite Features

At 6'3", this is one of a very few coupes I can fit into comfortably. For the price, it's hard to find a car with this kind of performance, styling and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Higher grade paint quality or a couple more layers of clear coat. It chips if you look at it the wrong way.

Ilove my Z33!!
By billy30stm

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

ihad an 06 nissan sentra 1.8s, and iused to think it was pretty fast, but as soon as igot my 350z, ihavent driven my sentra, and that was over 2 months ago lol

Favorite Features

the 288hp it has. how everyone stares :D that little civics are nothing compared to me anymore.

Suggested Improvements

the stock radio to have a usb or aux input.