2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
Fast, fun, and beautiful.
By thaibxrusa on 02/21/14 13:12 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

September, 2012, I was lucky enough to find a 2005 350Z with just 10,500 miles. I bought it from a retiree that garage kept it from day one. In 1.5 years I've already added 20K miles because I want to drive it everywhere I go. It could be a little faster but with 300 horses, it's hard to complain about. It also draws a lot of looks and I get compliments often. Mine is Daytona Blue and the color really pops. I did replace the Bose stereo but there's nothing else you can do to make this car any better. The gas mileage in the city isn't great, around 19mpg, but I took it on a 1,500 mile trip, all highway with the AC on, and got an average of 31mpg, believe it or not.

fairlady?
By ttoussaint21 on 09/14/13 17:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

i bought my 2005 base 6 sod manual. car runs great. had some little problems but was purchased used at 78k miles. thermostat went out which caused the car to over heat, headlights went out. and battery went bad, all simple problems. after owning it for a year. i noticed transmission makes a rattling noise at idle. also clutch feels very soft, i've read lots of discussions saying clutch's and tranny's go out a lot in these. also nissan dealerships are never helpful. the car is amazing. couldnt have a better sports car for the money. still looks modern, just know that if you buy one, it's a gamble, and the dealership wont help.

Truely a pleasure
By chademerick01 on 02/28/12 17:54 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Well, the very fact that I am taking the time a. sign up for edmunds & b. to review a vehicle, pretty much sums it up- either a great car or I'm very upset. The 350z is amazing.. I also own a Honda civic (great car), but I haven't been able to get out of the Z yet. This car makes you feel like a champion every time you drive it. I honestly would sleep in it if I could. Looks good, sounds freakin awesome (class leading exhaust in my opinion- leave it stock!!), and performs & handles like a dream. Highly recommend- coming from a bang for your buck kind of guy.. Also, Nissan is a reliable engine, what more is needed?

It's a blast!!!
By capgun on 10/31/11 11:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my '05 Z as a CPO with 18k on it in October of 2009. 34k on it now. A windy mountain road will allow you to experience this car's full capabilities. (My wife doesn't tell me to get something practical anymore!) The styling can get you more attention than desired. Ever since I powder coated the wheels black, I get challenged to race every time I take it out. My Z had been trouble free until recently. The left rear wheel bearing went out ($250 fix covered by the CPO warranty) & a short in the dash gauge cluster's mother board ($1,100 fix not covered). At such low mileage, even the dealer agreed this is unusual. But every car has its hiccups. Hopefully it'll be a while before the next.

Ilove my Z33!!
By billy30stm on 08/11/11 11:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

ihad an 06 nissan sentra 1.8s, and iused to think it was pretty fast, but as soon as igot my 350z, ihavent driven my sentra, and that was over 2 months ago lol

Yes, I'm buying out my lease...
By Deb on 02/28/09 11:04 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Fast, fun - get lots of compliments all the time everywhere I go. Went to lease blue, came home with black. Love the dash, foot pedals and overall appearance of the car. Mileage is OK, depends on how you drive it (lead foot = lower mileage). Normal driving nets better mileage, but it's hard to stay under the speed limit. Would have leased a new one, but the dealers' aren't dealing, so I'm going to keep mine with low mileage, 3,000 mile oil changes and hand washed since I brought her home. She's a keeper.

Just Bought the Ride of My Life
By D-MINES on 12/17/08 15:44 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just traded my '04 FX45 for my first Z, and love my outcome! Couldn't have made a better decision. The exterior rocks and the comments and wow factor from others is much more than the FX. The exhaust amazing. The stock stereo/speakers are a lot to get used to after having a Bose system. Probably have to replace as it looks and sounds low quality. The red exterior rocks. I'm loving my Zed!!!

Hello Lover!!!
By Connie on 09/30/08 15:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have loved the Z for years, and when the new body style came out I had to have one. It is absolutely amazing!!! I constantly get comments on the looks of the car, and every time I drive it, it is such an amazing experience!! Wish everyone could experience such a sports car. You look at the car and just say to yourself "HELLO LOVER"!!!

too good
By tom on 02/14/07 12:29 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great fun car. Power, handling, brakes are excellent. Suspension is stiff but this is what you get with a car that is glued to the road. Great combination of straight-ahead speed and cornering capabilities. When applying the brakes, watch out for cars coming from behind you; no way they can slow as rapidly as you can. Exhaust sound is cool - reminds me of an Austin Healy 3000! You have to 50 years old to remember that car. Only problem is that on the interstate I can't tell if I'm going 70 or 90 mph without looking constantly at the speedometer. Too many speeding tickets verify this comment. By the way, 70 to 90 acceleration is way good!

Z Owner
By twan79 on 09/04/06 21:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car is amazingly fun to drive for the cost. There is not a better car within the 40K and below range for the money. The car still excites me.