2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
Great car for the money
By Robin on 06/15/10 10:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Car is a dream to drive for the money. Handles beautifully around corners and sounds great. One pretty sports car.

GREAT CAR FOR THE PRICE
By Suns2006 on 05/22/08 12:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Nissan 350Z Roadster Convertible just a few months ago and I love the exterior. If they would leave the exterior alone and focus on making a high quality/high tech interior, this car would be above and beyound for what you get. The 280hp engine is awesome. I get from 0-60 so quickly that I blow everyone else around me away and leave them fading into the background. The only con I have with this car is the quality of some of the interior materials. The leather is crap. The interior design overall is boring. I hope when Nissan comes out with its next version, they spruce up the interior and do minor modifications to the exterior. Nissan keep up the good work!

Awesome!
By Rocket Z on 02/18/07 00:59 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I never thought I would say it...AWESOME! I have never had more fun driving a car. I got a great deal (saved $20,000.00) off the price of a new one. Test drove both and could not justify the price difference to buy a new one. This car has it all. Pleased and in my favorite color...RED!

'Z' Be Nimble......by Marcus
By SD30LUCKY on 03/03/06 00:26 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a nimble machine, which you can tell has nearly perfect weight balance. There is exhilirating performance but I am not going to say there isn't room for some minor improvements. Second gear in this car is a total joy, I would like to see a higher redline and the shift points set a bit differently. This probably has one of the best and most consistent power bands of any manual car I have ever driven. Unfortunately, it doesn't take much effort to exhaust this car's limitations in gears 1 thru 4. I get more compliments on this car than I can count and thoroughly enjoy driving it around with the top down. The short wheelbase is surprisingly not a problem except at high speeds.

Head Turner and a Road burner
By Andrew on 10/03/05 22:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first time I have experienced driving a Z, I am in total awe of its performance and handling. I bought the Ultra yellow Roadster, it has every head turning. The six speed is awesome, the clutch and shifting makes the driving experience wonderful. The leather seats and all the extra accessories makes driving the car a better experience. I would recommend anyone that is looking for an inexpensive sports car, go to the nearest Nissan dealership and test drive for yourself. Then you will get the ultimate review.

Great car, a few glitches.
By craigj on 09/11/05 04:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Overall I love this car - it looks great and handles great. The performance is great and though the ride is stiff, I find it to be comfortable even for 2 or 3 hour rides. I get about 19 mpg which is all surface streets, even getting on it occasionally :). The handling is very neutral - not too much oversteer, just what you'd expect from this configuration. The interior is, in my opinion, just right for a sports car - nice and clean, a little spartan. the exterior is just beautiful, especially in titanium with the 18" wheels and brembo brakes. I do feel that there are some issues with the build quality. To date I've encountered a leaking roof, a drivetrane rattle, misaimed headlights.

Best car so far!
By John on 08/10/05 21:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Have had this baby for almost a month so far, can't say enough about how much I love it! The drive, handling, power, mpg, and the list goes on! Still have my 2003 Maxima for times when this might not be practical. In the past have had a Mitsubishi 300 GTVR-4, couple of Honda Preludes incl Vtec, etc and two Maximas. Nissan does a great job. This car makes driving fun. You'll get lots of compliments. I find I want to take the long route anywhere I go.

From Z to Shining Z
By Bobby S on 05/13/05 15:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My new 2005 350Z Grand Touring Roadster compared to the 2003 350Z Touring I traded in is going from sweetness to heaven. The original 2003,serial number was in the 3700's, had it's obvious opportunities. Nissan Corp handled the tire issue,the window grease issue and a leather seat issue with flawless professionalism. Knowing this, and having experienced the cars performance and style gave me the confidence to go for the Roadster. Black on Black with the Brembo breaks the top down... 1st Class.. Black tie look.