2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
Z Lover for life!!!!
By zprincess on 08/26/14 07:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Enthusiast 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased a 2005 Z Roadster Enthusiast with 91k miles. It was in good condition (better than most I saw). The performance/engine are in excellent condition. My husband is doing some interior work. This car will look new come this weekend. I LOVE THIS CAR! I have never owned a Z. I hated driving, it was something I had to do. Now I drive for no reason at all. I never imagined a 9 year old beauty would make everyday so much better! Even at it's age no one can guess how old it is. They stare at this car! It's Chrome Silver Metallic with the burnt orange seats (love those). The speed, handling, appearance, EVERYTHING is 5 plus stars. Get ready for compliments. One of the best made cars EVER!

An amazing, reliable, and fun car
By collmurphy on 01/24/14 17:58 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All around, the best car I've ever owned. I got this car my senior year of high school, with 135,000 miles on it. As you would think, I was scared to death that with all the miles, the car would always be in the shop. I was wrong. This car never had ONE problem with it. Took it back and forth to college for a year as well (140 miles one way). Car is so fun to drive, accelerates fast, and isn't a bad car to drive on long trips. Only downside is the lack of room, but if you're buying a convertible, you would expect that. Had to take the time to write a review on this car, because it never let me down, and was the best car ever. You WILL NOT regret buying this car. Loved my z!

Great and fun car
By collmurphy on 07/16/13 21:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car in early 2013, with 130k miles. A lot of miles, but the car looked too good to give up. Had it for almost 6 months already and nothing has been wrong with the car. Accelerates fast, great bose stereo, and overall a super fun car to just haul butt in. Get a lot of compliments on it as well. Great car for the price!!

Avoid the 05 at all cost
By victorbravo on 11/17/12 13:22 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at 4 05 z's at 4 dealerships. They all had a tear about 6 inches on the driver side. I figured I could just tape it for now and get a new top in about a year. I also used it as a negotiating tool. 10 months of owner ship and the tear grew to over a foot. I sewed it but two other rips appeared in the back a few months ago and continue to grow. Professional replacement $2000 The worst is the oil issue. I have to either oil change every 1100 miles or add another 5 quarters to get by to 3000. It appears oil is getting into two of the cylinders. It destroyed two spark plugs. If you car blows out heavy smoke when you crank it don't buy. Nissan does not back up their products.

Fun car to drive, with caveats
By 350Z on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Fun car to drive on back roads, esp. along the Calif coastline. Just be aware of maint costs. I drive it easy, only 7K a year, and still replaced 6 tires, tranny, the top, clutch pedal, clutch and flywheel. Clutch chatter is embarrassing! But, she has power and hugs the roads nicely. Stops on a dime and accelerates briskly. I think the traction control is about to go--what happened to Japanese engineering? Oh and subwoofer failed twice (note I owned 2 other Nissans but not sports cars and loved them)

Great car for the money
By Robin on 06/15/10 10:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Car is a dream to drive for the money. Handles beautifully around corners and sounds great. One pretty sports car.

I like it!
By Tennz on 05/27/08 07:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Enthusiast 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love the Z. It load, firm, fast, and fun. I commute in mine every day 60 mile each way. I get an average of 28 mpg, I have seen 31 mpg on the freeway and 19 around town. I have owned Mazda and Mercedes roadsters and this is by far the best. Others have complained of blind spots. I have none, you just have to set the mirrors correctly. I will buy again.

GREAT CAR FOR THE PRICE
By Suns2006 on 05/22/08 12:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Nissan 350Z Roadster Convertible just a few months ago and I love the exterior. If they would leave the exterior alone and focus on making a high quality/high tech interior, this car would be above and beyound for what you get. The 280hp engine is awesome. I get from 0-60 so quickly that I blow everyone else around me away and leave them fading into the background. The only con I have with this car is the quality of some of the interior materials. The leather is crap. The interior design overall is boring. I hope when Nissan comes out with its next version, they spruce up the interior and do minor modifications to the exterior. Nissan keep up the good work!

Nice head-turner
By Mikester on 01/14/08 17:17 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my blue roadster about six months ago and it's been fun to drive on the back roads of California. Amazing how steady it is above 100 mph, but frustratingly heavy clutch at road speed. Handles great and most of the Z's gremlins have been fixed under warranty (buzzy shifter knob, rattling axle bolts(!?), failed air bag sensor, etc).

Awesome!
By Rocket Z on 02/18/07 00:59 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I never thought I would say it...AWESOME! I have never had more fun driving a car. I got a great deal (saved $20,000.00) off the price of a new one. Test drove both and could not justify the price difference to buy a new one. This car has it all. Pleased and in my favorite color...RED!