Used 2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Z Lover for life!!!!
By zprincess

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Enthusiast 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased a 2005 Z Roadster Enthusiast with 91k miles. It was in good condition (better than most I saw). The performance/engine are in excellent condition. My husband is doing some interior work. This car will look new come this weekend. I LOVE THIS CAR! I have never owned a Z. I hated driving, it was something I had to do. Now I drive for no reason at all. I never imagined a 9 year old beauty would make everyday so much better! Even at it's age no one can guess how old it is. They stare at this car! It's Chrome Silver Metallic with the burnt orange seats (love those). The speed, handling, appearance, EVERYTHING is 5 plus stars. Get ready for compliments. One of the best made cars EVER!

Favorite Features

Too many favorites to list! First the body style - it's substantial but not huge. Works well for man or woman. It has a nice "beefy" look to it's curves. Large 18" tires (add 20" if you can). Amazing leather seats with added netting ventilation feature in the center (convertibles). Keeps you cool (even in the HOT az climate). So fun to drive the manual but expect to gain some muscle from shifting - it's not hard but tight. Convertible top so easy to use! The speed amazing! Blew a Porsche off the line. People always want to race - must resist the temptation! This car wants to go. You can feel it when you shift, very hard to hold her back. Speeding tickets are inevitable, be careful!

Suggested Improvements

The suggested improvements are very minor. Hardly worth mentioning. The layout of the "cockpit" could have been thought out better. One cup holder the driver can reach while driving. The other two are behind driver and passenger. Very little room to put anything but it's a sports car! You don't buy it to carry junk. Although the trunk will suffice for a light grocery trip. And trust me this is the only car you will want to drive anywhere. I have an Excursion but doubt I will ever drive it again. I will cram those groceries in my little Z trunk. This car brought back my love of driving from my early 20's. I will never own another type of car again. Z owner for life now. Supreme sports car!

An amazing, reliable, and fun car
By collmurphy

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All around, the best car I've ever owned. I got this car my senior year of high school, with 135,000 miles on it. As you would think, I was scared to death that with all the miles, the car would always be in the shop. I was wrong. This car never had ONE problem with it. Took it back and forth to college for a year as well (140 miles one way). Car is so fun to drive, accelerates fast, and isn't a bad car to drive on long trips. Only downside is the lack of room, but if you're buying a convertible, you would expect that. Had to take the time to write a review on this car, because it never let me down, and was the best car ever. You WILL NOT regret buying this car. Loved my z!

Favorite Features

Acceleration, Bose stereo, sporty look and inside, reliable, small, decent MPG

Suggested Improvements

Inside interior scratches extremely easy, not a lot of room inside the interior, no glove box, no center console to rest arm on

Great and fun car
By collmurphy

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car in early 2013, with 130k miles. A lot of miles, but the car looked too good to give up. Had it for almost 6 months already and nothing has been wrong with the car. Accelerates fast, great bose stereo, and overall a super fun car to just haul butt in. Get a lot of compliments on it as well. Great car for the price!!

Favorite Features

Heated seats, Bose stereo, convertible, acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Saftey, center radio area scratches easily.

Avoid the 05 at all cost
By victorbravo

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at 4 05 z's at 4 dealerships. They all had a tear about 6 inches on the driver side. I figured I could just tape it for now and get a new top in about a year. I also used it as a negotiating tool. 10 months of owner ship and the tear grew to over a foot. I sewed it but two other rips appeared in the back a few months ago and continue to grow. Professional replacement $2000 The worst is the oil issue. I have to either oil change every 1100 miles or add another 5 quarters to get by to 3000. It appears oil is getting into two of the cylinders. It destroyed two spark plugs. If you car blows out heavy smoke when you crank it don't buy. Nissan does not back up their products.

Favorite Features

The car in and of itself is fun to drive, looks great, good sound system, sub-woofer behind seat feels like a massage.

Suggested Improvements

Back up your products. It is hard for a consumer to know if it has an oil problem. You cannot find out the flaws by one test drive. The problem is obviously not due to the used car dealership or owner. The problem is the design and build. Nissan should take responsibility.

Fun car to drive, with caveats
By 350Z

2005 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Fun car to drive on back roads, esp. along the Calif coastline. Just be aware of maint costs. I drive it easy, only 7K a year, and still replaced 6 tires, tranny, the top, clutch pedal, clutch and flywheel. Clutch chatter is embarrassing! But, she has power and hugs the roads nicely. Stops on a dime and accelerates briskly. I think the traction control is about to go--what happened to Japanese engineering? Oh and subwoofer failed twice (note I owned 2 other Nissans but not sports cars and loved them)

Favorite Features

Exhaust note, handling, power, decent storage for a roadster, and 3 cup holders! My friend's BMW M roadster has none, hehe

Suggested Improvements

Already subsumed by the 370Z so no comments needed about improvements.