Used 2005 Nissan 350Z Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

fairlady?
By ttoussaint21

2005 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

i bought my 2005 base 6 sod manual. car runs great. had some little problems but was purchased used at 78k miles. thermostat went out which caused the car to over heat, headlights went out. and battery went bad, all simple problems. after owning it for a year. i noticed transmission makes a rattling noise at idle. also clutch feels very soft, i've read lots of discussions saying clutch's and tranny's go out a lot in these. also nissan dealerships are never helpful. the car is amazing. couldnt have a better sports car for the money. still looks modern, just know that if you buy one, it's a gamble, and the dealership wont help.

Favorite Features

power, engine sound, handling, exterior looks.

Suggested Improvements

nissan needs to back products. weak clutch. interior is cheap plastic.

Truely a pleasure
By chademerick01

2005 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Well, the very fact that I am taking the time a. sign up for edmunds & b. to review a vehicle, pretty much sums it up- either a great car or I'm very upset. The 350z is amazing.. I also own a Honda civic (great car), but I haven't been able to get out of the Z yet. This car makes you feel like a champion every time you drive it. I honestly would sleep in it if I could. Looks good, sounds freakin awesome (class leading exhaust in my opinion- leave it stock!!), and performs & handles like a dream. Highly recommend- coming from a bang for your buck kind of guy.. Also, Nissan is a reliable engine, what more is needed?

Favorite Features

performance, style, exhaust, compliments.

Suggested Improvements

none that I've found yet

Ilove my Z33!!
By billy30stm

2005 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

ihad an 06 nissan sentra 1.8s, and iused to think it was pretty fast, but as soon as igot my 350z, ihavent driven my sentra, and that was over 2 months ago lol

Favorite Features

the 288hp it has. how everyone stares :D that little civics are nothing compared to me anymore.

Suggested Improvements

the stock radio to have a usb or aux input.

Just Bought the Ride of My Life
By D-MINES

2005 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just traded my '04 FX45 for my first Z, and love my outcome! Couldn't have made a better decision. The exterior rocks and the comments and wow factor from others is much more than the FX. The exhaust amazing. The stock stereo/speakers are a lot to get used to after having a Bose system. Probably have to replace as it looks and sounds low quality. The red exterior rocks. I'm loving my Zed!!!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, exhaust sound, fast reactive tiptronic, mileage, and sticker on inner trunk showing how to fit 2 sets of golf clubs!! I prefer material to leather seats and the material is great quality.

Suggested Improvements

Stock stereo/speakers are horrible. Plastic interior features seem fragile. Worst possible placement for dual cupholders.

Z Owner
By twan79

2005 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car is amazingly fun to drive for the cost. There is not a better car within the 40K and below range for the money. The car still excites me.

Favorite Features

Handling, and top end acceleration

Suggested Improvements

interior styling,