Used 2005 Nissan 350Z Performance Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Fantastic
By rtl

2005 Nissan 350Z Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

It makes driving so much fun. It is everything I would ever have expected it to be and more. I have driven Nissan's for years. I had a 280Z, and a few Maxima's but the 350Z if by far the best one I've owned.

Favorite Features

The seats are extremely comfortable. The pickup is fabulous. The body is absolutely beautiful and it certainly is an eye catcher, especially in yellow!

Suggested Improvements

The buttons for the heated seats and the button for the flashers are in a poor place. If I am resting my arm on the armrest I find that I sometimes turn one of them on. Those features should have been placed in a better spot.

New Z Owner Impressions
By Kangster

2005 Nissan 350Z Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After thinking long and hard about it, I decided to get this car over the Subaru WRX STI. I don't have kids yet and when I do, I know I won't be getting another sports car until they've grown. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and am very pleased. There is no Performance model for the 2006 model year, I guess they wanted to sell more Track models, but by far I think this has the best features (DSC, VDC, auto-dimming mirror) for the price (don't need to pay for leather, bad bose stereo, stock GPS etc). For those who want more HP out of this thing it's fairly easily done with aftermarket performace parts like a twin turbo. I've seen you can get it to 500HP if you really wanted to.

Favorite Features

Somepeople find it boring, but I find the interior very Zen. I don't spend too much time looking at my interior. I'm average sized so the seats are very comfortable to me, I can't wait to take it on a road trip. Customizable--there are lots of cubbyholes and spaces to but a sub, dvd player, XBOX!

Suggested Improvements

Improve the rearward visibility. My wife's convertible Mini has terrible rearward visibility but it includes a backup sensor (standard) to warn you if you are about to hit something. I plan to put in a rear-view camera for backing up. That should be an option when buying this car.

Biased Z review by enthusiast
By Landbarger

2005 Nissan 350Z Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love it. It's a GREAT car, mixing the drivability and fun of American 'muscle' and the weight and handling of more hardcore sports cars. Finding a line somewhere between the portly Mustang GT and the more-purist Honda S2000, the 350Z is a classic example of excellent lines, medium displacement (3.5L V6=more torque than typical pocket rockets) and acceptable (3200lb) curb weight. No one who drives the Z will be disappointed with the performance so long as they keep in mind the price and 'goal' market. Particularly, the 350Z beats everything in close competition (3L+ V6), the new Eclipse (less hp, less mpg), the Crossfire (less hp, worse handling), and the R32 (looks, probably mpg, too).

Favorite Features

Multifunction display works well for speedometer feature, as center-mounted tach doesn't allow for ease of use on primary speedo. Short-throw, close- gated 6-sp is pure joy.

Suggested Improvements

More hp, or better gearing. Should have included storage bin behind driver's seat similar to one behind passenger's seat.

Z only car that matters. . .
By m3000gtsl84

2005 Nissan 350Z Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent engine, and aside from a notchy feel, excellent manual transmission. Gets looks no matter where you are, and will dust anything aside from GTO or Mitsubishi Evo. Handling is excellent, and the car is one of the most solid feeling on the road.All in all, a successful advance from the excellent 300ZX.

Favorite Features

The styling,the handling, the acceleration, the sounds. . .

Suggested Improvements

In order for Nissan to make the car this sporty, and still be profitable, things such as interior finish and road noise are not as good as a BMW for the same price. But a BMW could never touch this performance for this price. You must decide what you want more, performance, or comfort.

I hope you like buying tires
By Ron beckman

2005 Nissan 350Z Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car itself was great but i found that i was buying tires every 4 or 5 months. i am 47 years old and the only driver of this car. I do not drive fast. I do not burn the tires. I don't even hit the corners hard. I have a friend who owns a tire dealership and he told me he has put on alot of tires for the new Z and they cannot find any tires that last over 5,000 or 6,000 miles. I am selling the car.

Favorite Features

Looks great and handles great with good tires.

Suggested Improvements

Do something about the tire wear.