2005 Nissan 350Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
Z Personal Experience
By Ramon Martinez on 09/20/05 20:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In my research for sport performance cars back in 2004 the 350Z came out to be my best option over the Mazda RX-8, Mustang GT, Chrysler Crossfire and Honda S2000. The V6 engine with 274 lb- ft of torque and 287 Hp offers around 22 to 23 average mpg which is great for a sport car. Plenty of torque and interior space over Honda S2000. Interior plastic trim tolerances far better over the Mustang GT 2004 model. Interior design is comfortable for adult drivers up to 6 ft tall. The touring model with automatic transmission and traction control is excellent for everyday driving and leverages shifting fun vs. ease of driving.

nice
By johnny on 08/10/05 23:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is fast and fun to ride...but not for every day driving....great look to it. Interior is flawless with the two tone colors and it does not hurt the pocket...

Fun and Dependable
By miriam sexton on 07/31/05 21:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car! I bought a brickyard color, 2003 touring model back in december 2004 and would gladly do it again. The car was purchased sight unseen from a dealer in Skokie, IL. I live in Alabama. I shopped around the internet for months until I found the best deal I thought I could get. I specifically wanted the burgundy color and an automatic with all the goodies. The car was shipped down here and I have been delighted with it since its arrival. I would definitely recommend this type of car for someone who wants to have fun while driving but also wants to know they are buying a reliable product.

A Mistake
By aewj on 07/31/05 15:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Want to look good on the road? Then this may be your car. The body styling is sleek and exotic. It is fitted with an engine that sounds mean and has the zip to really move you. The true test of ownership, though, comes from driving for several months. After that, you realize the Z requires patience at the repair shop and money - lots of it. During the brief periods that the car is out of the shop, it is fun to drive. The bucket seats are narrow and can be quite uncomfortable after several hours of driving. Mechanical problems, dealer/warranty issues, and an uncomfortable ride are the price for looking good on the road. Unfortunately, the fun soon subsides.

Great Performance, Great Styling
By Mike on 06/19/05 11:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far have 9000 miles on it and it has been trouble free. Very fun to drive. Auto shift will not upshift or downshift automatically like on so many other cars, so it's a lot fun. Dealership located the color and equipment model that I wanted and had it in two days, and expierience was very good overall.

After 4 Months and 5000 Miles Later
By 5HOLZin1 on 03/07/05 19:54 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

For your money, the best 2-seat sports car on the market. Great styling with close to 300hp to back it up. The last 4 months and 5,000 miles down the road, I enjoy getting behind the wheel each and every day that my wife lets me. We are both very happy with our purchase. We bought the Z and Murano SUV at the same time. The service at our dealership is excellent and we don't regret our decision on either vehicle. The Z leather interior is comfortable and the Touring package seating is fine for 2-4 hour drives both in the city and on the freeway. The Z gets plenty of compliments from lookers and the only thing I would add would be a 19" chrome wheel package.

Guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
By Eric on 03/03/05 14:22 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car will turn heads wherever you go. Little kids, men, women - almost everyone seems to go for the look of the Z. The 350's performance and handling cannot be beat without spending thousands more. The car begs for open road, which sometimes makes me wish I didn't live in DC. I took it out to my friend's house in the country last weekend and let him drive it for a while. He got three separate raves on the car in the space of an hour. Of course, he claimed credit by pretending to be the owner. I had to reclaim the driver's seat before his ego burst.

Front tire extreme tire wear
By Miffer3 on 02/22/05 09:01 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After just 2,000 miles,front tires shot with inner threads worn to create tire roar. Nissan replaced free front tires only. Waited 3 months for those tires, and by that time I had 10,000 plus miles on the car. I paid out of pocket for two rear tires because I wanted tire thread depth to be the same front and back. Front end aligned and new tires temporarily fixed the terribly loud noise in the interior. However changing the camber of the front end now causes the steering to hunt. I must keep constant attention to steering. I feel I have been robbed by Nissan. This problem was known back in 2003. With all the pluses for the vehicle I would not recommend any one buy one. Tire's are $200.each.

Best choose
By Maureen Sloggie on 02/08/05 07:49 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own my 350Z for one year now. No regrets in anyway. Driving this car is like no other I have ever driven. The look of the car matches its performance.

2005 350Z best sports car for $$$
By Peg on 01/22/05 09:31 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2005 Nissan 350Z is amazing! It handles very well, is fun to drive, looks sharp, and has great pick up! The Touring pkg. comes with almost all the bells and whistles at a great price. The Bose audio system has a great sound. Pit falls - no ash tray, no auto head lights, cup holders are behind driver except one (which I use as an ash tray). I would highly urge anybody looking for a sports car to take a look at the 2005 350Z! No regrets here!