Used 2005 Nissan 350Z Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan 350Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Revenge of the Sith!
By Darth Plageus

2005 Nissan 350Z Anniversary Edition 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car GREATLY exceeded my expectations for driving in severe snow, rain, and or blistering hot days. It your driving skills are hot this car will not fail you! With the slightest upgrades you will blow a 370Z right off the road! What was Nissan thinking? I LOL every time a mustang, camaro, or any MOPAR gets behind me in a deep curve and it's like engaging the hyperdrive and accelerating to light speed leaving the Galactic villains in the DUST! You have to keep you eye on the oil levels but Installing catch cans seem to sole to oil consumption problem. 32 mpg with the a/c running. The a/c feel like Antarctica! I'm 6'4" and the ride suits me just fine. I need a stretch break after 5 straight hours on the highway but can adjust the seats to make an 8 hr ride. The stability controls are superior! If you skid on ice the ABS brakes engage and the CPU rights the car and set you straight! It's hard to have fun on any slippery surface. You have to turn the Stab. control off then have some fun! I also have a Nissan 240sx xe. It's a lot of fun but the 350Z is double the fun power torque and agility. Every one stares in awe as you cruise or flash by. What ever you do, get one of these! I slipped in oil on the street and totaled my Harley, I chose the 350Z over another Harley and know I made the right decision. Caution: this car exceeds the listed speedometer registered!

Z Lover for life!!!!
By zprincess

2005 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased a 2005 Z Roadster Enthusiast with 91k miles. It was in good condition (better than most I saw). The performance/engine are in excellent condition. My husband is doing some interior work. This car will look new come this weekend. I LOVE THIS CAR! I have never owned a Z. I hated driving, it was something I had to do. Now I drive for no reason at all. I never imagined a 9 year old beauty would make everyday so much better! Even at it's age no one can guess how old it is. They stare at this car! It's Chrome Silver Metallic with the burnt orange seats (love those). The speed, handling, appearance, EVERYTHING is 5 plus stars. Get ready for compliments. One of the best made cars EVER!

Too many favorites to list! First the body style - it's substantial but not huge. Works well for man or woman. It has a nice "beefy" look to it's curves. Large 18" tires (add 20" if you can). Amazing leather seats with added netting ventilation feature in the center (convertibles). Keeps you cool (even in the HOT az climate). So fun to drive the manual but expect to gain some muscle from shifting - it's not hard but tight. Convertible top so easy to use! The speed amazing! Blew a Porsche off the line. People always want to race - must resist the temptation! This car wants to go. You can feel it when you shift, very hard to hold her back. Speeding tickets are inevitable, be careful!

The suggested improvements are very minor. Hardly worth mentioning. The layout of the "cockpit" could have been thought out better. One cup holder the driver can reach while driving. The other two are behind driver and passenger. Very little room to put anything but it's a sports car! You don't buy it to carry junk. Although the trunk will suffice for a light grocery trip. And trust me this is the only car you will want to drive anywhere. I have an Excursion but doubt I will ever drive it again. I will cram those groceries in my little Z trunk. This car brought back my love of driving from my early 20's. I will never own another type of car again. Z owner for life now. Supreme sports car!

Fast, fun, and beautiful.
By thaibxrusa

2005 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

September, 2012, I was lucky enough to find a 2005 350Z with just 10,500 miles. I bought it from a retiree that garage kept it from day one. In 1.5 years I've already added 20K miles because I want to drive it everywhere I go. It could be a little faster but with 300 horses, it's hard to complain about. It also draws a lot of looks and I get compliments often. Mine is Daytona Blue and the color really pops. I did replace the Bose stereo but there's nothing else you can do to make this car any better. The gas mileage in the city isn't great, around 19mpg, but I took it on a 1,500 mile trip, all highway with the AC on, and got an average of 31mpg, believe it or not.

An amazing, reliable, and fun car
By collmurphy

2005 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All around, the best car I've ever owned. I got this car my senior year of high school, with 135,000 miles on it. As you would think, I was scared to death that with all the miles, the car would always be in the shop. I was wrong. This car never had ONE problem with it. Took it back and forth to college for a year as well (140 miles one way). Car is so fun to drive, accelerates fast, and isn't a bad car to drive on long trips. Only downside is the lack of room, but if you're buying a convertible, you would expect that. Had to take the time to write a review on this car, because it never let me down, and was the best car ever. You WILL NOT regret buying this car. Loved my z!

Acceleration, Bose stereo, sporty look and inside, reliable, small, decent MPG

Inside interior scratches extremely easy, not a lot of room inside the interior, no glove box, no center console to rest arm on

fairlady?
By ttoussaint21

2005 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

i bought my 2005 base 6 sod manual. car runs great. had some little problems but was purchased used at 78k miles. thermostat went out which caused the car to over heat, headlights went out. and battery went bad, all simple problems. after owning it for a year. i noticed transmission makes a rattling noise at idle. also clutch feels very soft, i've read lots of discussions saying clutch's and tranny's go out a lot in these. also nissan dealerships are never helpful. the car is amazing. couldnt have a better sports car for the money. still looks modern, just know that if you buy one, it's a gamble, and the dealership wont help.

power, engine sound, handling, exterior looks.

nissan needs to back products. weak clutch. interior is cheap plastic.