2004 Nissan 350Z Consumer Review: Fast & Furious - If that is AL

2004 Nissan 350Z - Consumer Review

Enthusiast Coupe (3.5L V6 6-speed Manual)

Fast & Furious - If that is ALL you want
By overlord on

2004 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought mine new in mid '04 so I actually got the 2004.5 model with the softer suspension. Its been traded in thanks to the cops. It was my 3rd Z car. Downsides: very expensive insurance, NO CARGO SPACE AT ALL. I totally hated the car for that as I am a musician so just forget taking ANYTHING with you. Oh lets not forget unnecessary razzing by the cops (got me jail time!). Interior was well put together, and thought out but littered with cheap plastic. When I traded it in after 3.5 years no one wanted it, and those that did wanted to give me $14k when I paid $40k! Car was in the shop a few with bad rear bearings, leaky rear fluid, tire problems, check engine light, & 2 sets of brakes.

Handling, performance, and styling are all top notch. Favorite feature was both its corner turning, and head turning ability (initially). Good mileage (21mpg) for a race car. Comfy ride if you trash the stock tires. Car stops on a dime! Saved my life once when SUV in front hit a stopped car @ 70mph.

287hp wasn't quite enough, but the new model fixes this. More cargo space! BOYCOTT THE POTENZA TIRES! ( LOUD road noise, poor wear, + hydroplaned @ 30mph causing $6000 in damage!). Better paint that doesn't fall off when the wind blows. 2 sets of brakes in 30k miles = bad. Better wearing interior.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review