Used 2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

A great value
By Brandon

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Track 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a very fun to car to drive! One of the best values out there. The only things that can beat it are the STi and mitsubishi evo, but then you have to deal with thier spoilers and tough ride quality. The car is very quick and makes a beautiful noise while your on the throttle inside and out. Handling is excellent and acceleration is quick right from the dealer. I paid 22,000 grand for mine used, 0-60 in 5.4, brembo brakes, great exhaust note, great looks and you got a deal of the year. Sure you can get a Mitsubishi evo or a Subaru STi for around the same price or a used one cheaper but then you deal with jarring suspension and huge spoilers and street racer looks. Z is a great deal.

Favorite Features

Perfectly placed shifter, pedals, and sterring wheel and excellent sight lines. Its very easy to find the right driving posistion in about 10 seconds. The noise of the exhaust is one of the best I've heard. Handling and acceleration are superb. Great looks, Great acceleration and great suspension

Suggested Improvements

No glove box to hold insurance info or other stuff. Harsh ride setup for track model, I feel like i can feel every pebble i run over. Bad visibility out rear view mirror and blind spots. Digital speedomoter on trip computer is inacurate with speeds above 60. Shows im doing 86 when dials read 70

my Z experience
By michael youngbear

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I really like driving this car, everyday I get in the driverseat and go! It feels like driving a jet to me and the inertia (drifting) driving is my favorite thing about it. The feeling of not being in control but being in control get the passengers a pulse driving ride (pros only)! And I feel safe while driving it because the car just hugs whoever is inside and it also hugs the road just as good! i hope this review gives you potential Z car buyers no regrets.

Favorite Features

I love the sound of the VQ and the flash headlamps are a plus also, yeah the car looks like a frog but its the bastest frog on the planet!

Suggested Improvements

I suggest the interior be redesigned. I'm not saying I dont like the all black Interior, but it could be ''smoother''

Awesome Car
By 350Z man

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love it! The dealership was bad after we bought it but other than that i have absolutely no complaints. I love everything about the car!!! Buy it

Favorite Features

Navigation, heated seats, fast, side airbags, handles GREAT.

Why I won't buy another car from Japan
By Ihatemycar

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I got my car a year ago let me list the problems. I have had to replace the brakes that was at 20 thousand miles I put the NISMO pads on at a cost of almost 800 dollars! mind you I dont drive it hard I mean that! The factory wouldn't warranty it because it's "wear" and use! I bought new rims for it hear a growling noise bring it in they say its normal had a tire blow out on me and I had to pay for the rim and tire not to mention there was a recall because of some problem with alignment yet I voided that by putting after market rims on it! The heater just went out haven't found out if that's covered by warranty or not yet and the head lamps fog up not due to moisture some BS. that's all I can fit

Favorite Features

My favorite thing about the car is it is fun to drive and the performance I got for the money! I enjoy driving it when it works right! That's about it

Suggested Improvements

I hate where the placement of the seat controlls are if I have to go behind the seat its a real pain moving it all the way forward and the heated seats don't work for a damn! I won't ever buy another car from Japan again EVER! This is a small chunk of what I hate about the car!

It' s a '10'
By FINKS Z

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The Z has everything that a sports car should have. Looks, performance, and reliability at a reasonable price. The intown fuel economy is not bad but the road mileage is excellent. At 57, my wife said i was having a midlife crisis but now she drives the z more than i do !!!!!!!

Favorite Features

I like the 6sp. Trans. I like the feel of power the Z has.

Suggested Improvements

It would have been nice to have a compass in the rearview mirror and radio controls on the steering wheel like the maxima.