2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
Oh Baby! The 350Z
By Connie Baxley on 01/25/05 05:16 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Nissan 350Z. It is an awesome car. In it you feel like you own the road. You are truly in sync with your car behind the wheel. When not driving it, you can't wait to get int! It is a sexy car, and it gets lots of looks. Having a bad day? Job driving you crazy? Mad at your spouse? Kids making you pull your hair out?... no problem just go and drive your Z. Gas mileage for me? 23.8 mpg city. On a trip 32 mpg. Not bad for the thrill a Z can give you.

chicks think its cute
By Tim on 01/08/05 00:47 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I will end up averaging about 1000 miles per month over my first year owning this car. I live in a region with many excellent sports car roads and little severe weather. Twisty mountain roads are the favorite hunting grounds of this predator. Z4, CLK230 and Mustang are its favorite prey. Although its ultimate grip around a corner may not be the king of the hill, it loves the transitions and flies through them with great balance. Feedback to the driver is excellent. I have the 17-inch wheels and they seem to have better comfort than the 18-inch from what I have read. Car makes you feel like you are a much better driver than you are. Moreover, it lets one become a better driver, too.

My toy
By Bill McCarthy on 01/04/05 13:20 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Saw this black on black Z on the floor and fell in love with it. Took a 2000 mile trip thru eastern Canada in August and car was great. Handling is supberb, ride is what a sportscar is, mileage on trip was as much as 24.5 MPG. Not very good in the snow or wet pavement.

Best sports car in its class.
By Zcarnut on 12/31/04 14:10 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 7th Z car and the first I could AFFORD to buy new (I was too young to afford the $45k for a Twin Turbo in the early/mid 90's). The power is great,excellent handling,shifts nice,very good brakes and a decent ride for the type car it is.Interior quietness is good but you get some tire noise on certain roads.The stereo is mediocre at best.Even the pricer Bose system in Touring models is a letdown. Great car to get next to Lancer Evos,RX8's and S2000's with.The fantastic lowend repsonse assures many stoplight victories compared to most of its competitors requiring high RPM clutch drops. The Enthusiast model is the best value IMO. So much more value than the pricer Euro sports cars.

returns to dealer for fixes: 0
By george on 12/26/04 17:59 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned a lot of cars and this is the first one that has had NO problems! I love its looks and performance too. The only annoyances are a clutch that engages abruptly and a front tire that is just now starting to make a roaring sound. Fit and finish is excellent.

The Leyend of Z lives
By Dragon350Z on 12/20/04 13:56 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a true sports car! The handling is superior and there is plenty of power on tap. My car is a super black enthusiast with the aero package and it looks great. I always get challanged at the light by WRX's, mustangs and even a jaguar and I have to say that they eat my dust! I'm pretty sure that a 'vette and perhaps a 911 will leave me behind, but that I still have to live through.

Z Z Tops
By Norman Hindley on 12/04/04 11:25 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I'm 60 years old and bought the Z for myself as a reward for living this long. I've owned it for 8 months and during this period I've enjoed it like no other auto I've ever owned. The Z is pleasing to the eye, reliable, easy to drive (meaning I'm not always shifting in traffic. The Z accelerates in 6th going up steep hills.), Gets about 23mpg,if driven in a sane manner, has plenty of guts under the hood, its exhaust note is pure Coltrane, the steering and the Z's ability to stick where it's aimed is very reassuring as is the braking. I've only broken rear- end loose once, and it was my error not the Z's. The car is forgiving. The trunk is plenty big enough for family shopping needs.

The Z almost right
By Matt_S on 11/28/04 21:39 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Everything about the Z is great except.... They still haven't fixed the tire feathering problem on the 2004, I just turned 10,000 miles and I have the problem. If you search the web a bunch of people still do. Nissan still does not have a proper fix yet. Also I'm disappointed that the base model doesn't come with cruise control. A 27,000 dollar vehicle should come with cruise, I'm sure it was some jerk in the marketing department who took it off of the base model so people would have to play the extra 2k to get the enthusiast model. Other than that it has been a great car. But I will not put tires on it every 8k miles. Nissan YOU NEED TO FIX THIS!

Mixed Emotions
By Zippy350Z on 11/13/04 21:37 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I first got this car, I was astounded. It always got my adrenaline going, but now it raises my blood pressure. Enjoy the paint while you can, it won't last. Mine has chips all over the front of it and its barely 8 months old!! The cup holders are flimsy, so don't expect to put a big gulp in one. The Bose stereo is okay, but there is definitely better sounding systems on the market.

Great Car
By San Diego Man on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Didn't realize driving could be so much fun. Previously drove an 2001 Acura CL, and was considering a 2005 Acura TL or a Honda S2000. Test drove the 350Z and was captivated. Constantly turns heads and turns my head every time I walk away from it. If you want sports car, this is the one.