Used 2004 Nissan 350Z Consumer Reviews - 440 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan 350Z

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

My New Z
By Chris

2004 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car! I love it! Just got it and got a lot of stares and looks! This is a lot of fun to drive and the performance is AWESOME!!

Convertible, heated seats, tight steering, short shifting, power, muscular stylish aggressive look, handling.

Make an all wheel drive. When it snows, it will be like ice-skating I guess. I have to buy a junk car to keep me from driving in the snow.

Best Car Yet
By Scotty B

2004 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Although some may complain about the lack of luggage space or room for more than 2, this car wasn't meant to haul things. It was meant to be driven, and I haven't driven anything since that has been as pleasurable as my Z. Not a Mustang GT, WRX, 3 Series (2003), A4, or even a C5 Vette. I even get 23+ mpg in it!

Styling and handling. This thing just sticks to the road and makes moving through traffic seem like a video game.

Interior upgrades (done in subsequent model years)

Close to Perfect
By Brandon

2004 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is quick, handles well, lots of power no matter the RPM and the hatch still has room for your weekends luggage. Transmission is smooth, a little clunky but smooth and close. Handling is good, it's a bit of a heavy car and you can tell when you turn in. Unlike its competitors that turn in a curve the road, this seems to barrel through them but its still fun. City driving is a bit uncomfortable due to stiff suspension but its not unbearable. Brakes are strong and the steering is responsive and quick. The 350z is a great driver's car, sure it's not perfect but what car is unless you spend 100k. It may not be the best bang for your buck performance wise, but you won't be disapointed

The power and the acceleration this thing provides. Sound of the exhaust is breath taking. Hatch has room for luggage. Controls are all well placed. The way it handles in those wide curves. Pretty much everything about the Z is great

Transmission is a bit clunky. Center gauges are to far for just a glance. Car weighs to much and when you take a turn youll feel it, kinda takes away from the handling. Strut bar gets in the way of big bags boxes or whatever you carry.

Best Z I've owned yet
By AJ

2004 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my sixth Z. I love this one the most. The smooth power/torque is really nice. I love the support of the aftermarket on this car. I also own a modified Trans Am and even though the Z isn't as powerful, it's more fun to drive, use around town, and gets a lot more looks. This is a tossable car with good power. It has good room for a two seater. I actually love the interior and all the features. Thanks Nissan for bringing the Z back !!! Reliability has been A++++ I believe I'll get 200K out of this Z as well.;-)

Six speed, center glove compartment, handling, power, styling, engine bay, front, rear struts and ease of modding.

Front brake pads. Stock pad dust too much. Replaced Turbo option T-Top / Targa option. Better stock speakers - replaced, nice now.

Great Sports Car
By Jack

2004 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a true sports car. On the interstate this car is like a rocket! People stop me to talk about my Z and tell me how they would love to own one. This is the car that I have always wanted. I have had my 2004 1/2 touring model Z for 3 years and I have never had one problem with it other than trying to keep my speed down on the highways. If you have to commute at least enjoy the drive.

The 6 speed stick.

Improve the driver's side vision.