Used 2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan 350z - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

The Enthusiasm has worn off..
By nicoletheo81

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I was ecstatic when I first drove away in my 350Z! A year later I doubt the long-term quality of this sports car. I was tempted to trade it in, but the dealership I bought it from offered me $26,000 for a car that was worth $34,000 when I signed. Not a smooth ride, the tires are loud, the warning light system is not reliable, & the engine makes a constant clicking sound. Have you ever heard the phrase "Death Trap"? Just thought I'd ask.. $40 to fill up the tank isn't helping either w/ gas prices on the rise. All in all I still enjoy the look of the 350Z but will not be interested in buying out the car at the end of the lease or leasing a new one.

Favorite Features

Navigation System, shuts off as soon as your due for an oil change regardless if its in the middle of giving you directions.

Suggested Improvements

The 6 CD changer is cheap. I have to let it "warm up" before it will get through one track without skipping. Its not a smooth ride. At the end of my lease a F.L. 350Z is going to be worth $19K - does not hold its value.

FUN, FUN.
By Z MAN 12

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

UNEVEN TIRE WEAR, NEED BETTER TIRES FROM NISSAN.

Favorite Features

SIX SPEED TRANSMISSION

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower ( 340 ) at least

Bullet Z....Dream car!
By Gr8tZcar

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Having always been a fan of the "Z" cars, drooling over the 280 in the 80's and yearning to own a 300Z in the 90's, I finally got the opportunity to purchase my very own "Z"!! This car is superb on every level, handling, comfort, styling, speed. I highly recommend this speedy sportster!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, GPS, handling

Suggested Improvements

Maybe give the new Z a bit more horsepower....not that it needs it

drive it, and you'll own it.
By manny dasilva

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Drove this car back in Sept.2003, thought I had gotten my kicks out. Couldn't get it out of my mind. Finally decided in January to buy it.

Suggested Improvements

Rattle with unused seat belt along side panel.

A Work of Art in Performance and Value
By Heinz57

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 350Z about 4 months ago. I don't drive it much because I use my Acura 3.0CL as my main car, but I must say that it is hard to go back to driving my Acura after having all the fun with my 350Z on the weekends. This car is so cool! Every line, every detail is hot in this car. The handling is awesome, the power is phenomenal, and the transmission is precise and powerful. Two thumbs up to Nissan for developing such a work of art.

Favorite Features

Excellent road grip, wet or dry. Super tight feeling during hard cornering. The trip computer is full of useful information. The seats are ergonomically designed to hug you. The metal pedals add to the sophisticated performance look and feel. I love how the engine roars above 3500 rpm.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise is a bit high. Limited rear and side visibility. Big blind spot between the small side window and the rear window. Suspension is a bit too tight and bouncy at times.