2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
NISMO 350Z str8 out of showroom!
By jsprunner on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Was getting ready to leave the dealership until I saw the NISMO version sitting there. Bought it on the spot with no regrets. Weekend car, so the miles are low, but every time I think about replacing it, those thoughts all goes away when I get get it back out on the road. Amazing value (performance vs cost) and fun to drive!!

Fast & Furious - If that is ALL you want
By overlord on 05/19/09 15:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought mine new in mid '04 so I actually got the 2004.5 model with the softer suspension. Its been traded in thanks to the cops. It was my 3rd Z car. Downsides: very expensive insurance, NO CARGO SPACE AT ALL. I totally hated the car for that as I am a musician so just forget taking ANYTHING with you. Oh lets not forget unnecessary razzing by the cops (got me jail time!). Interior was well put together, and thought out but littered with cheap plastic. When I traded it in after 3.5 years no one wanted it, and those that did wanted to give me $14k when I paid $40k! Car was in the shop a few with bad rear bearings, leaky rear fluid, tire problems, check engine light, & 2 sets of brakes.

Best Car Yet
By Scotty B on 01/12/08 09:42 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Although some may complain about the lack of luggage space or room for more than 2, this car wasn't meant to haul things. It was meant to be driven, and I haven't driven anything since that has been as pleasurable as my Z. Not a Mustang GT, WRX, 3 Series (2003), A4, or even a C5 Vette. I even get 23+ mpg in it!

Close to Perfect
By Brandon on 01/06/08 11:08 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is quick, handles well, lots of power no matter the RPM and the hatch still has room for your weekends luggage. Transmission is smooth, a little clunky but smooth and close. Handling is good, it's a bit of a heavy car and you can tell when you turn in. Unlike its competitors that turn in a curve the road, this seems to barrel through them but its still fun. City driving is a bit uncomfortable due to stiff suspension but its not unbearable. Brakes are strong and the steering is responsive and quick. The 350z is a great driver's car, sure it's not perfect but what car is unless you spend 100k. It may not be the best bang for your buck performance wise, but you won't be disapointed

2004 nissan 350z
By griff on 04/08/07 09:42 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I am a very aggressive driver and this car takes it very well and handles like it is on rails. The only problem I have found is that the tires wear out really fast front and rear. It gets excellent gas mileage considering the power the car has. I drove the car on a trip 5 hours straight and was very comfortable. I would rate this car a 9.9 out of 10.

Great fun but bad planning
By MaxedoutZ on 08/13/06 16:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a great deal of fun and I love driving it. I have had the car for 5 mos and have put on 7k miles (21K toatl),the car has had the trans replaced with a brand new unit bc it's a known defect,the rear axle replaced and there's a few others that they still can't figure out where and why yet but I know that the car will have to be back pretty soon. Other than that the car is the most fun that I have ever had for less than $80k, it kills STI, Evo MR,Toyota Supra TT and almost everything that I see on the road. This car is a beast but it does have lots of mods but the cost is almost nothing compared to the the other cars and what you get from the performance.Get one w/warranty!!!

Sweet Car
By silver bullet on 07/15/06 07:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a very nice car. Bought it 2 weeks ago, and it turns heads all the time. I test drove other cars, but none of them had "it." The Z definitely does. The power is great, the looks are great, and the handling is awesome.

buy 350Z!
By 350z rocks! on 08/24/05 18:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Proud owner of 2004 enthusiest coupe. just love this car so much, i think i'm going to keep it forever. i have some aftermarket parts on and turns head everywhere i go. built quality is not as good as toyota but pretty good, wish interior was better material. i had some problem with CD player but no other problems so far 16000 mls. great power and best exhaust sound car for under $50K car! i'm planning to put 400HP twin turbo sometime soon. gas mileage is fair, i drive at LA and avg 23mpg but require premium gas. handling is great but suspension is too stiff for some people, 6-speed manual is very fun but not so smooth. interior is very very roomy but trunk is bit small. excellent car!

Oh Baby! The 350Z
By Connie Baxley on 01/25/05 05:16 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Nissan 350Z. It is an awesome car. In it you feel like you own the road. You are truly in sync with your car behind the wheel. When not driving it, you can't wait to get int! It is a sexy car, and it gets lots of looks. Having a bad day? Job driving you crazy? Mad at your spouse? Kids making you pull your hair out?... no problem just go and drive your Z. Gas mileage for me? 23.8 mpg city. On a trip 32 mpg. Not bad for the thrill a Z can give you.

chicks think its cute
By Tim on 01/08/05 00:47 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I will end up averaging about 1000 miles per month over my first year owning this car. I live in a region with many excellent sports car roads and little severe weather. Twisty mountain roads are the favorite hunting grounds of this predator. Z4, CLK230 and Mustang are its favorite prey. Although its ultimate grip around a corner may not be the king of the hill, it loves the transitions and flies through them with great balance. Feedback to the driver is excellent. I have the 17-inch wheels and they seem to have better comfort than the 18-inch from what I have read. Car makes you feel like you are a much better driver than you are. Moreover, it lets one become a better driver, too.