Used 2004 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

NISMO 350Z str8 out of showroom!
By jsprunner

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Was getting ready to leave the dealership until I saw the NISMO version sitting there. Bought it on the spot with no regrets. Weekend car, so the miles are low, but every time I think about replacing it, those thoughts all goes away when I get get it back out on the road. Amazing value (performance vs cost) and fun to drive!!

Performance, true sports car feel and handling, 6-speed, the pull of the engine in 3rd and 4th gears!

The absolute WORST stock stereo system I've ever heard in ANY car I've owned. I replaced it within the 1st year when I couldn't take it anymore.

Fast & Furious - If that is ALL you want
By overlord

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought mine new in mid '04 so I actually got the 2004.5 model with the softer suspension. Its been traded in thanks to the cops. It was my 3rd Z car. Downsides: very expensive insurance, NO CARGO SPACE AT ALL. I totally hated the car for that as I am a musician so just forget taking ANYTHING with you. Oh lets not forget unnecessary razzing by the cops (got me jail time!). Interior was well put together, and thought out but littered with cheap plastic. When I traded it in after 3.5 years no one wanted it, and those that did wanted to give me $14k when I paid $40k! Car was in the shop a few with bad rear bearings, leaky rear fluid, tire problems, check engine light, & 2 sets of brakes.

Handling, performance, and styling are all top notch. Favorite feature was both its corner turning, and head turning ability (initially). Good mileage (21mpg) for a race car. Comfy ride if you trash the stock tires. Car stops on a dime! Saved my life once when SUV in front hit a stopped car @ 70mph.

287hp wasn't quite enough, but the new model fixes this. More cargo space! BOYCOTT THE POTENZA TIRES! ( LOUD road noise, poor wear, + hydroplaned @ 30mph causing $6000 in damage!). Better paint that doesn't fall off when the wind blows. 2 sets of brakes in 30k miles = bad. Better wearing interior.

Best Car Yet
By Scotty B

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Although some may complain about the lack of luggage space or room for more than 2, this car wasn't meant to haul things. It was meant to be driven, and I haven't driven anything since that has been as pleasurable as my Z. Not a Mustang GT, WRX, 3 Series (2003), A4, or even a C5 Vette. I even get 23+ mpg in it!

Styling and handling. This thing just sticks to the road and makes moving through traffic seem like a video game.

Interior upgrades (done in subsequent model years)

Close to Perfect
By Brandon

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is quick, handles well, lots of power no matter the RPM and the hatch still has room for your weekends luggage. Transmission is smooth, a little clunky but smooth and close. Handling is good, it's a bit of a heavy car and you can tell when you turn in. Unlike its competitors that turn in a curve the road, this seems to barrel through them but its still fun. City driving is a bit uncomfortable due to stiff suspension but its not unbearable. Brakes are strong and the steering is responsive and quick. The 350z is a great driver's car, sure it's not perfect but what car is unless you spend 100k. It may not be the best bang for your buck performance wise, but you won't be disapointed

The power and the acceleration this thing provides. Sound of the exhaust is breath taking. Hatch has room for luggage. Controls are all well placed. The way it handles in those wide curves. Pretty much everything about the Z is great

Transmission is a bit clunky. Center gauges are to far for just a glance. Car weighs to much and when you take a turn youll feel it, kinda takes away from the handling. Strut bar gets in the way of big bags boxes or whatever you carry.

2004 nissan 350z
By griff

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I am a very aggressive driver and this car takes it very well and handles like it is on rails. The only problem I have found is that the tires wear out really fast front and rear. It gets excellent gas mileage considering the power the car has. I drove the car on a trip 5 hours straight and was very comfortable. I would rate this car a 9.9 out of 10.

The looks and handling would be my favorites.