2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
Great Car
By rioleck on 02/28/11 20:44 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for about 1.5 years so far and have driven it over 30k miles. It has been both a daily driver to work and used on 1000 mile trips. The car handles very well with good acceleration and braking. Overall this is a comfortable car for me at 6'1". The seats hug you so you don't feel like sliding out of your seat around sharp turns. There is now over 120k miles on the car and it still drives very smooth with zero problems.

Best Z I've owned yet
By AJ on 10/10/07 00:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my sixth Z. I love this one the most. The smooth power/torque is really nice. I love the support of the aftermarket on this car. I also own a modified Trans Am and even though the Z isn't as powerful, it's more fun to drive, use around town, and gets a lot more looks. This is a tossable car with good power. It has good room for a two seater. I actually love the interior and all the features. Thanks Nissan for bringing the Z back !!! Reliability has been A++++ I believe I'll get 200K out of this Z as well.;-)

God I love this car!!
By meghand19 on 10/23/06 15:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is so fun to drive! This is the first car that I have ever had that people stop me at lights and in parking lots to tell me how much they love my car. It does take a little while to get used to only having two seats, but there are two spaces for papers and a bigger cubby behind the passenger seat. For such a quick sports car, it gets mileage that you can live with(about 20 miles/gallon). If you want a car that turns heads, but won't break the bank then stop looking and buy a Z!

350 Z Base Coupe Owners
By Charles M. Anoff on 08/27/06 13:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

6-spd standard transmission. Handling excellent. Performance very good. Comfortable to drive. Replaced exhaust with twin Borla. Replaced speakers with after-market. Excellent sound. City driving can be somewhat punishing with standard suspension. Highway driving is a dream!

Best performance for you money
By ALFONSO on 07/06/06 09:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

So far i have experienced great enjoyments and near death encounters with this vehicle. I take it to the extreme when i run my car in the curvy mountain slopes in hemet, ca.

A 1 year review on my 04 Base model
By Karl on 03/27/06 09:15 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After 23K miles I have been very pleased with this car. yes the tires feathered at 5K miles, and the axles had the clicking problem. But for 25 Grand I dont know of where you can get more bang-for-the-buck fun. I have noticed the gas mileage has gotten better and better. now at 23 avg. The only real gripe I would list is that the base model comes with the least adjustable seats. On a long drive the side bolster tend to poke into the outside of my fat legs and make them a little numb. I have defintely considered trading in on an '06 Z. I think i will wait for the '07. Love the new wheels. Also considering a Vette or a porsche cayman

Huge Bang for the Buck
By Redline_Red_N_TN on 03/02/06 13:24 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car brand new and have loved every mile. Do not buy this car if you have a lead foot or if you don't like attention. It's FAST and only made for two people. Long trips get a little tiring but the mileage is great for a sports coupe with this much power. Easy to make this car really custom with bigger rims and tires and small style touches. Don't buy this car if you don't know how to drive, it's 100% a driver's car.

returns to dealer for fixes: 0
By george on 12/26/04 17:59 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned a lot of cars and this is the first one that has had NO problems! I love its looks and performance too. The only annoyances are a clutch that engages abruptly and a front tire that is just now starting to make a roaring sound. Fit and finish is excellent.

Z Z Tops
By Norman Hindley on 12/04/04 11:25 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I'm 60 years old and bought the Z for myself as a reward for living this long. I've owned it for 8 months and during this period I've enjoed it like no other auto I've ever owned. The Z is pleasing to the eye, reliable, easy to drive (meaning I'm not always shifting in traffic. The Z accelerates in 6th going up steep hills.), Gets about 23mpg,if driven in a sane manner, has plenty of guts under the hood, its exhaust note is pure Coltrane, the steering and the Z's ability to stick where it's aimed is very reassuring as is the braking. I've only broken rear- end loose once, and it was my error not the Z's. The car is forgiving. The trunk is plenty big enough for family shopping needs.

The Z almost right
By Matt_S on 11/28/04 21:39 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Everything about the Z is great except.... They still haven't fixed the tire feathering problem on the 2004, I just turned 10,000 miles and I have the problem. If you search the web a bunch of people still do. Nissan still does not have a proper fix yet. Also I'm disappointed that the base model doesn't come with cruise control. A 27,000 dollar vehicle should come with cruise, I'm sure it was some jerk in the marketing department who took it off of the base model so people would have to play the extra 2k to get the enthusiast model. Other than that it has been a great car. But I will not put tires on it every 8k miles. Nissan YOU NEED TO FIX THIS!