Used 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Can't Stop Smiling!
By theojac

2004 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just purchased a 2004 cherry red 350z with black drop top and black leather w/only 19000 miles...I've read the other reviews and agree that it is such an enjoyable ride that you will find any excuse to drive it...and it is a head turner. This is like heaven on the eyes. I would put the design of this roadster up with any other sports car at any price...it's just that beautiful!

Exterior, interior cockpit, engine noise and quick response.

a little clunky on anything other than smooth roads and slipping of tires on fast turns

Wow!
By jrm1963

2004 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Decided to trade in a 60's muscle car for something newer that we weren't afraid to drive in weather & parking lots. Found this car by accident and never looked back. The acceleration takes your breath away and it sticks to the road like glue. And with the top down it's still a wonderful car just to get out and cruise under a star filled sky. I may have to look to Nissan for my family sedan now if it has any of the breeding of the Z.

Performance - Performance - Performance. This car also has as much WOW factor as our 68 Camaro Convertible did. And we get just as many, if not more compliments.

My only issue so far is remembering to keep back from parking curbs as the clearance is so low it will be easy to hit them - maybe a device to alert for upcoming obstructions at slow speeds.

Love my Z
By Aquia

2004 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Beautiful responsive automobile. Can take the full clover exit at speeds that would put all except the Z & Vette into the rail. Just crank the wheel and give it slight acceleration, pay attention though, ya gotta straighten the wheel out in short order at the end of the clover!!

Push button top up/down control, no boot to finagle with.

Blind spots with the small window & top up makes backing out from between 2 SUVs at the shopping center a challenge.

No one within ten grand can touch me
By Yellow Hammer

2004 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

All of the reviews are correct. Great engine, good design, and a fine little vehicle for fun and top down days. I find myself hunting down Z-3's and Boxters and eating them up (legally of course) just because I can. Nissan put the money where it counts...in making it GO! 0-60 in a little under six. If you are concerned about visibility, put the top down.

Everything about DRIVING and safety.

faster, electric shifting...possibly?

Issues of 2004 Roadster
By Genevieve Poston

2004 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had been a 300Z owner for over 12 years and was excited when the first Roadster became available. I purchased one of the first ones on the market. I now have 22,000 miles on my Roadster, still not driving in rain or winter days. However, am now experiencing issues with the leather seats showing excessive wear and the blue convertible top is coming apart and gas lid not opening on 1st or 2nd try being issues with Nissan about repairing these items under warranty. Have been declined on repair of the leather seats but after 6 months of negotiating, possibly will get the top and gas lid repaired. Beginning to feel the thrill of the ride is not worth the hassle.

The ease of convertible top and the thrill of changing gears with the growl of the engine is what makes driving a 350Z a great experience.

Better quality of material for top and leather seats. More cooperation between Dealer, NissanUSA and the buyer. After the purchase you feel they have your money and you are on your own.