Used 2004 Nissan 350Z Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan 350Z Convertible

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Can't Stop Smiling!
By theojac

2004 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just purchased a 2004 cherry red 350z with black drop top and black leather w/only 19000 miles...I've read the other reviews and agree that it is such an enjoyable ride that you will find any excuse to drive it...and it is a head turner. This is like heaven on the eyes. I would put the design of this roadster up with any other sports car at any price...it's just that beautiful!

Favorite Features

Exterior, interior cockpit, engine noise and quick response.

Suggested Improvements

a little clunky on anything other than smooth roads and slipping of tires on fast turns

Wow!
By jrm1963

2004 Nissan 350Z Convertible Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Decided to trade in a 60's muscle car for something newer that we weren't afraid to drive in weather & parking lots. Found this car by accident and never looked back. The acceleration takes your breath away and it sticks to the road like glue. And with the top down it's still a wonderful car just to get out and cruise under a star filled sky. I may have to look to Nissan for my family sedan now if it has any of the breeding of the Z.

Favorite Features

Performance - Performance - Performance. This car also has as much WOW factor as our 68 Camaro Convertible did. And we get just as many, if not more compliments.

Suggested Improvements

My only issue so far is remembering to keep back from parking curbs as the clearance is so low it will be easy to hit them - maybe a device to alert for upcoming obstructions at slow speeds.

Little old ladys Z
By Patti

2004 Nissan 350Z Convertible Enthusiast 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Z and people thinks it funny because I am 60 years young. Have to replace tires after 33,000 miles and can't rotate. Still tho car is a head turner or is it because granny is driving one and not them..Had BMW Z's but this car is much more fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Fast take off from traffic lights and road handling is great, body style is awesome

Suggested Improvements

Needs better fabric on seats,has bad blind spots and could use console for papers. Also, needs better grade canvas on convertible top.

It is what I wanted
By Carnut

2004 Nissan 350Z Convertible Enthusiast 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The comfort, visibility and storage are all lacking. That said, it's a sports car! I expected what I got and I love it. I have had mine a month and I still love it. It is very difficult to get in and out of. You need to be in good shape. It goes like a rocket, it is probably the hottest car I have owned.

Favorite Features

Styling, acceleration. I like the ease of putting the top down. I like the looks of the car top up or down, but the visibility is bad with the top up . Rear visibility isn't too good top down either.

Suggested Improvements

Better upholstery. I am replacing the top at 4 years, 41,000 miles. I will probably have the cloth seats reupholstered in leather, something I wouldn't do if the cloth seats weren't worn and faded. The wheels accumulate a lot of brake dust. The car still looks clean, but i have to wash the wheels.

Beware
By BS 2K

2004 Nissan 350Z Convertible Enthusiast 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

What a fun car! It goes fast, looks good and it attracts attention. However: 1. The paint is poor quality. Faded quickly and had a few "stains" that the dealer couldn't get out. 2. The brakes and rotors needed to be replace at 30k miles (mostly hiway and hardly used) My Lexus coupe had 130k on the original brakes and still had 40% left on the front when I got rid of it. 3. Electronics: 3a-The auto transmission stopped shifting after a heavy rain. 3b-The auto-up windows go back down rather than stay up. 3c-The airbag sensor went out. 4. Tire wear is only fair. You can expect only 25-30k if you drive the car easy. But, it sure is fun to drive!

Favorite Features

I love the way the top folds into the car but does not use any trunk space. I get my golf bag + shoes + walking cart into the trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes - There is no way the brakes and rotors should have to be replaced at 30k. 95% of my miles are hiway.