Used 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Great first convertible!
By Phil R.

2004 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking for my first convertible as a birthday present for myself and found this '04 with 41,500 miles, platinum with a navy blue top. No dents, no scratches, leather in good shape. Only problem was that the interior plastic seems notorious for looking pretty beat-up, especially around the interior door handles and the center console. Fortunately, my issue's were all on the center console.
I took the center console apart (PIA), which took a lot of time and care and sprayed all of the black parts with flat black plastic paint (Home Depot) and it came out great. While I had the thing apart, I also installed a back-up camera (make sure your head unit will support this before you go through the trouble) which I got on line for $15. This is very helpful for backing up with the top up!
This car is a hoot to drive and holds the road well with the Michellin Pilot Sports it's wearing. I am so glad I got the manual transmission as it is much more drivable than the automatics I tested. I have put a little over 4,000 miles on the car and am still really enjoying my toy, and can say the following about performance:
The Z holds the road well with the above stated tries (45s up front and 75s rear) but has noticeable body roll. Maybe it's a convertible thing.
It is quick but not as fast as it seems with the top down. With the right tires my Infiniti G37 will blow the doors off this car in a straight race, and possibly do so on a slalom course. With all its power, the Infiniti also beats the Z for mileage by a long shot. I realize I'm comparing apples and aardvarks but, there it is.
That said, you just can't discount the "fun factor" of driving top down in this beautiful car on a winding road. To anyone looking for a fun second car, do your homework. You'll find better cars but I don't think you'll find a better value.

Can't Stop Smiling!
By theojac

2004 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just purchased a 2004 cherry red 350z with black drop top and black leather w/only 19000 miles...I've read the other reviews and agree that it is such an enjoyable ride that you will find any excuse to drive it...and it is a head turner. This is like heaven on the eyes. I would put the design of this roadster up with any other sports car at any price...it's just that beautiful!

Exterior, interior cockpit, engine noise and quick response.

a little clunky on anything other than smooth roads and slipping of tires on fast turns

Wow!
By jrm1963

2004 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Decided to trade in a 60's muscle car for something newer that we weren't afraid to drive in weather & parking lots. Found this car by accident and never looked back. The acceleration takes your breath away and it sticks to the road like glue. And with the top down it's still a wonderful car just to get out and cruise under a star filled sky. I may have to look to Nissan for my family sedan now if it has any of the breeding of the Z.

Performance - Performance - Performance. This car also has as much WOW factor as our 68 Camaro Convertible did. And we get just as many, if not more compliments.

My only issue so far is remembering to keep back from parking curbs as the clearance is so low it will be easy to hit them - maybe a device to alert for upcoming obstructions at slow speeds.

Love my Z
By Aquia

2004 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Beautiful responsive automobile. Can take the full clover exit at speeds that would put all except the Z & Vette into the rail. Just crank the wheel and give it slight acceleration, pay attention though, ya gotta straighten the wheel out in short order at the end of the clover!!

Push button top up/down control, no boot to finagle with.

Blind spots with the small window & top up makes backing out from between 2 SUVs at the shopping center a challenge.

No one within ten grand can touch me
By Yellow Hammer

2004 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

All of the reviews are correct. Great engine, good design, and a fine little vehicle for fun and top down days. I find myself hunting down Z-3's and Boxters and eating them up (legally of course) just because I can. Nissan put the money where it counts...in making it GO! 0-60 in a little under six. If you are concerned about visibility, put the top down.

Everything about DRIVING and safety.

faster, electric shifting...possibly?