Used 2004 Nissan 350Z Consumer Reviews - 440 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan 350Z

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Great first convertible!
By Phil R.

2004 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking for my first convertible as a birthday present for myself and found this '04 with 41,500 miles, platinum with a navy blue top. No dents, no scratches, leather in good shape. Only problem was that the interior plastic seems notorious for looking pretty beat-up, especially around the interior door handles and the center console. Fortunately, my issue's were all on the center console.
I took the center console apart (PIA), which took a lot of time and care and sprayed all of the black parts with flat black plastic paint (Home Depot) and it came out great. While I had the thing apart, I also installed a back-up camera (make sure your head unit will support this before you go through the trouble) which I got on line for $15. This is very helpful for backing up with the top up!
This car is a hoot to drive and holds the road well with the Michellin Pilot Sports it's wearing. I am so glad I got the manual transmission as it is much more drivable than the automatics I tested. I have put a little over 4,000 miles on the car and am still really enjoying my toy, and can say the following about performance:
The Z holds the road well with the above stated tries (45s up front and 75s rear) but has noticeable body roll. Maybe it's a convertible thing.
It is quick but not as fast as it seems with the top down. With the right tires my Infiniti G37 will blow the doors off this car in a straight race, and possibly do so on a slalom course. With all its power, the Infiniti also beats the Z for mileage by a long shot. I realize I'm comparing apples and aardvarks but, there it is.
That said, you just can't discount the "fun factor" of driving top down in this beautiful car on a winding road. To anyone looking for a fun second car, do your homework. You'll find better cars but I don't think you'll find a better value.

Great Fun in the Sun
By Charlie

2004 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love this car. This is my third Z. I think it is the best. Only problem area is small -- the doors will not stay open. Replacing the door stops at a dealership cost $250.

Great Car Fun to drive
By Gregory J Strzelecki

2004 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I loved this car. Owned it for 3 years and drove 70,000 miles. I sold it for just 3,000 less then I paid for it. I only had one mechanical issue with this car, it went into sleeper mode a few times. It was easy to fix with no out of pocket expense. this car was very fast handled great no complaints. I would love to own one again.

By
Gregory J Strzelecki

2004 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
By rugosports

2004 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What a fun car to drive. Gas mileage is OK . I was use to it because I went from a Mercedes SUV which required High Test gas to this. If your looking for a car that never get old this is the one.

Inside control - Gives you the feeling like your in a cockpit of an airplane.

Let noise. - Too much outside noise

Great Car
By rioleck

2004 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for about 1.5 years so far and have driven it over 30k miles. It has been both a daily driver to work and used on 1000 mile trips. The car handles very well with good acceleration and braking. Overall this is a comfortable car for me at 6'1". The seats hug you so you don't feel like sliding out of your seat around sharp turns. There is now over 120k miles on the car and it still drives very smooth with zero problems.

Handling and the car's profile would be the best features

Suggested improvements would be to put cruise contol on the base model and to have more/better placement of the cupholders.