2003 Nissan 350Z Consumer Review: Great car with minor issues

2003 Nissan 350Z - Consumer Review

Touring Coupe (3.5L V6 6-speed Manual)

Great car with minor issues
By RickS on

2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Like other reviewers, I have suffered the same "tire roar" and front end noise that has plagued 350Z owners since the cars inception. After taking the car to Firestone to get my tires replaced recently, the helpful technician, a Vette owner, suggested that I take the car in every 3 months to have this toe-in problem fixed. You can purchase a lifetime alignment from Firestone for a very reasonable price and taking the car in every 3 months or so insures that the wear on the tires will be a bit more normal. Tire wear aside, the car has been a dream and I have enjoyed it thoroughly. As I am getting a bit older now so the utility of a 2-seater is beginning to reach its end for me.

Great acceleration. Awesome cornering with little rear end slip and easy recovery when there is slip. Gas mileage is great even though its Premium. Interior controls are easy to reach and leather bucket seats are comfortable. AC is great and the sound system jams.

Radio controls on steering wheel would be nice. Don't have them on my 2003. Hopefully the toe-in issue has been fixed by now but I doubt it.