Great car with growing pains
By Osiris on
2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
Overall, It is an excellent sports car. Harsh ride; no, but it IS firm. Luxury is minimum when compared to BMW; but compare it to anything in its price range, and it is more than sufficient. Because of the smooth torque, I find it much easier to drive in traffic than any other manual I have had. I bought the first year model, and have the tire noise, but I knew it was a problem going into it. There are sacrifices to make when buying an affordable sports car, and the Z asks for a few, but not many. Overall I am floored with my Z experience thus far, and would do it agian in a heartbeat.
Favorite Features
Power and torque is intoxicating for its price. Point and shoot handling. The car is beautiful inside and out. For a sports car, it gets good MPG (I average 20 city/24 highway). Leather seats are well bolstered. Traction control has saved me from the snow more than once already.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the tire feathering... PLEASE. Dealerships are unpleasant to deal with. The hatch not always opening easily in the cold; works fine if it is above 35 degrees though. Bose stereo is adequete, but audiophiles will need to go aftermarket. Brake dust from OEM pads can get annoying.