Used 2003 Nissan 350Z Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan 350z - Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan 350Z

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Great car with growing pains
By Osiris

2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Overall, It is an excellent sports car. Harsh ride; no, but it IS firm. Luxury is minimum when compared to BMW; but compare it to anything in its price range, and it is more than sufficient. Because of the smooth torque, I find it much easier to drive in traffic than any other manual I have had. I bought the first year model, and have the tire noise, but I knew it was a problem going into it. There are sacrifices to make when buying an affordable sports car, and the Z asks for a few, but not many. Overall I am floored with my Z experience thus far, and would do it agian in a heartbeat.

Favorite Features

Power and torque is intoxicating for its price. Point and shoot handling. The car is beautiful inside and out. For a sports car, it gets good MPG (I average 20 city/24 highway). Leather seats are well bolstered. Traction control has saved me from the snow more than once already.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the tire feathering... PLEASE. Dealerships are unpleasant to deal with. The hatch not always opening easily in the cold; works fine if it is above 35 degrees though. Bose stereo is adequete, but audiophiles will need to go aftermarket. Brake dust from OEM pads can get annoying.

after 1-1/2 years, still nice
By myZ

2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I like the 10mph to 60mph performance. I have the 5-sp Auto; helps in the stop/go commute. I still love the styling. Wheels are time consuming to keep clean.

Favorite Features

Engine power and fuel economy. I traded my '93 240SX, which had 1/2 the power and no better fuel economy. 5-sp auto is nice for commute and seems to get great hwy fuel milage (25+ mpg).

Suggested Improvements

Low end torque (take off sluggish, at least with 5-sp auto). Had front tires replaced due to bad factory alignment. Had driver power window motor replaced. Some rattles in interior. Traction control should not default to on, especially after I turn it off.

some quility/dealer problems
By Mike

2003 Nissan 350Z Track 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great looks, nice handling(have the track model), crappy build quality. I had this thing in for minor things....it just gets annoying. The dealer refused to fix my faulty window regulator under warrentey becuase I had after market speakers installed. Even though it's a known problem. It took 5 trips to Devon Nissan to fix it. After my first trip it got stuck in the down position on a 300 mile trip. Huge after market....I have $10,000 invested in the suspension/brakes/dvd/stereo. It is a sweet set up and grabs attention everywhere. I buy a new car every 12 months so this one is being replaced. Honestly it will probably be my last Nissan due to the build quility and horrible dealer ex

Favorite Features

looks, aftermarket performance

Suggested Improvements

clean up your dealers act 5 trips to have a window actuater replaced is unacceptable + dealer broke my interior door panel and refused to replace

Prowling
By Catlady

2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love this car. Fun to drive, handles well, exceleration is phenomenal. Must get the 6 speed. Bought Blizak snow tires and handles great in the snow even though it's RWD. Overall best car I've ever owned, and I've had quite a few!

Favorite Features

Handling, exceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Door handles, and interior door design.

Z-YA Later
By Mike

2003 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The best sports car if you can't afford a Porsche 911. Boxsters don't count, there not a real Porsche's!

Favorite Features

1. Attention Getter! 2. Horse Power 3. Attention Getter even when dirty!

Suggested Improvements

better cup holders & a turbo version