Used 2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Fun to drive.
By awither

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love driving the 350Z. Handling is great, pick-up is fun, and it looks good after a bath. Although, you have to work hard to keep the brake dust off the front wheels. I highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a car with some spunk. The only complaint that I have is the stereo. I couldn't believe the fuzzy sound out of Bose speakers.

Favorite Features

Speed

Suggested Improvements

Better sound system

Wonderful sport car
By jeg1004

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. I love the way it accelerates and turns corners. It is just a matter of how fast are you willing to turn. You can take 270 degree entrance ramps on higways at 70 mph and the tires don't even make any noise. The Bose stereo sound very clear and loud. Lots of rubber neckers look your way and smile. The Xenon headlights work great. The only complaint I have is the seat belt not being used does bounce off the wall and make some noise. For the price it cannot be beat by any Porshe, BMW or Mercedes. Remember when you buy it that this is a try sports car and don't expect it to drive like a SUV.

Favorite Features

Looks, Turning, Acceleration, Value

Suggested Improvements

Stop the seat belt noise

It's not all good
By JIM

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it new. Have 20k miles. Still happy with performance but not real happy with anything else. I'm glad it's my wife's daily driver, not mine. Alignment was off from inception and it wore the tires prematurely on the inside tread. Dealer realigned the car but nissan refused to replace the worn tires at 14,000 mi. Ever since then there is an extremely offensive howl from the front end. All guest passengers comment on the noises and finish with "well, i wouldn't buy one". I'm going to have to replace the tires when they appear to be only 50 % worn due to the how.L. It's been back to the dealer several times due to the problem. No guarantees that $500 new tires will fix the noise.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan should stand behind their product better. I've worked through problems with other mfgs. To much greater satisfaction. I currently own three new nissans and will never buy another nissan again because their quality control/satisfaction [is lacking].

Love/hate relationship
By RedwoodZ

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Fun car to drive but ours came with too many shortcomings for us to be happy with it. As mentioned in other Z groups, the dealer plays dumb with the problems -- in our case the front end / tire problem and a 6 speed that has chronic shifting problems from 1>2. Trannie has been replaced once. The front end has had the TSB "fix". With new tires, the noise is returning after about 4000 miles. The seat covers were replaced at less than 12000 miles! And last but not least, burning premium gas these days is very hard on the pocketbook. We had an '88 300Z we owned until we traded it in on 350Z. After our current nightmare, we won't be owning any more Nissans.

Favorite Features

Stylish, fun to drive. Admittedly "best bang for the buck".

Suggested Improvements

Don't sell a $30k car with major design defects but if you do, give *GOOD* dealer and national support fixing the damn thing. The interior is too cheezie. A front air dam / bumper that scrapes going over anything higher than a cow pie is not practical in the real world.

I don't want to complain, BUT.........
By gee-rizz

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Car is great fun to drive, but there have been LOTS of minor issues that negate that - audio system sounds great, but repaired twice (not under warranty); crappy placement of 12V outlet and cup holders (can't use radar detector!!); driver side auto-close window doesn't work, tires replaced twice, thumping passenger-side seatbelt, etc. Anyone owning the 350 certainly recognizes these problems BUT.....to drive this car is to forget these admittedly trivial issues (they're not that trivial, but I get very forgiving once behind the wheel)........

Favorite Features

audio system (when it works), handling, responsiveness, and the constant looks (and even challenges) from other drivers; you'd think I'd be too old for stuff like that (51), but mid-life crises have a way of sneakin' up on one...

Suggested Improvements

use better materials in the interior (the cheap plastic certainly contributes to the noise levels); better ergonomic layout as well.