2003 Nissan 350Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
The Black Widow
By jefsal on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Cons: We are having nothing but MAJOR problems with the car. STAY AWAY. 1)We are in the process of having the ENGINE REPLACED. It has 14K miles on it. The engine is burning oil and requires more work than NISSAN thinks it is worth. 2) There is a major problem with many of these cars in the suspension causing the alignment to go off prematurely ruining the tires. NISSAN is quietly panicking over this 3) Had a stabilizer problem. Now fixed

Nissan does not care....AT ALL
By duckboy29 on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the Z now for a little under a year now,my car has tirehop,intermittent powerloss at 4-5k rpm from engine sensor,the drivetrain is making noise and the car needs its 2nd alignment(tire hop issue), There is a smell of mold coming out of the A/C vents,dash + interior rattles and I had to call nissan's consumer affair division because there service centers do not seem to want to take ANY responsibilty. Service reps have the audacity to tell you these problems are NORMAL on a car less than 1 year old, Shame on Nissan. I am so fed up with my car that i am going to get rid of it.

good car
By red track on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Track 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

nice looking and fun to drive

EXCESSIVE FRONT TIRE WEAR AND NOISE
By piehole4 on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The 2003 Nissan 350Z has a documented front end suspension problem that causes premature front tire wear and loud tire roar. Autoweek has reported that Nissan is now investigating the problem but no word yet on a recall. Otherwise you will be buying expensive new front tires every 5000 miles. The problem is explained at www.nissantireproblems.com

Fun and Fast
By allsupm on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I use this car mostly for fun, but occasionally drive it to work. (36 mi round trip) I always enjoy driving it! It is a sports car, and doesn't attempt to be anything else. That is as it should be. It does all a sports car should do, and it does it well.

Love my Z
By humahuma10 on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I do love to drive my Z. I love how the interior has been layed out and how easy every thing is to use.I would never buy another vehicle without the Nav system now, the ultimate guy tool.I think it gets great gas mileage, I get 25 to 30 miles a gallon, unless I'm hitting the gas a little hard for what ever reason. The only complaint so far is the tire noise. At around 8000 mile I started to get the famous 350Z tire noise. I have not taken it in yet but plan to soon.From what I hear,it is a know problem. I have the touring package and for the price, it will be hard to find a nicer sports car..enjoy

Nissan does not care....
By kbsig106 on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Tires, suspension, alignment. The big "3" problems facing 2003 350z owners and Nissan has not fully addressed the problem.

Putting the Fun Back in Driving
By herz on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The 350Z is just a blast to drive. Can you say flat cornering? I can! The 350Z corners like a dream. Can you say quick smooth braking? I can! Go from 50 MPH to stop in no time, but not feel like you are doing a sudden stop. Accelerating on short highway on-ramps is almost too easy. I sometimes find myself doing 80 mph as I merge into the highway traffic.

2003 350z
By mdmike on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. I want to mention that the only thing that real upsets me about my car is the tire issue. I have been back to the dealer twice now to fix the Tire growl and feathering issue. Quite frankly it's still not fixed. I have read alot of articles and they all seem to bring this issue up. Nissan really needs to step up and address this issue. The alignment and tire rotation that they recommend does not work. After it was applied to my car it seemed ok for about 1500 miles then the growl started to come back. I plan on bring the car back a third time.

SHIFT_Certified Babe Magnet!
By Dr. Jones on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Performance 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The 350Z is a car that looks expensive, but is actually reasonably priced. Styling is top notch. Handling is superb, and the steering is responsive and crisp. Acceleration is also very responsive in any gear. The interior is very roomy, at least in my opinion, and the seats are very supportive and comfortable. The car is fun to drive and begs to be driven. The car may have a few bugs, and being the first year for the 350Z, its common in any car.