Used 2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Best car I've ever owned.
By Spilner

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car with 86k on it and have not regretted it a single time! I was amazed at the gas mileage (22-25 city, 27-30 hwy) and the power and torque is great. I can run even with modded mustangs and newer turbo bmw's and can smoke most other cars. I've beat pretty hard on the car for about 12k miles now and it's held up to everything without complaint! The only problem I had was with the stock Bose subamp cutting out but there's an easy DIY fix for that which takes about 15 mins. Nissan built this car to last 200k and it's very obvious the quality they put into this car. Just make sure to have a set of snow tires on hand =P

I love the heated power seats, power, easily modded and sounds great with an short ram intake. Looks super sharp black on black, I get compliments everywhere on the looks.

The radio itself is pretty crappy but that's nothing too expensive to replace. I don't have any other complaints about the car.

Fun and Reliable
By Teri

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The automatic/manual shift gives me flexibility for the road type. This car starts and stops precisely. After 4 years, I still enjoy driving it. People are always asking about the car's speed and agility. It draws a lot of attention. And it's FUN.

Quick start. Great braking abilility.

Improved Bose system. The CD changer stopped working after 2 years.

So happy
By max

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have been eyeing the 350Z for years and am so glad I made this purchase. I love the feel of the interior, the looks of the exterior, the wide power band, the on-rails handling, and the sound the engine makes when wide open. I realize that there are various problems that will undoubtedly arise so I got an extended warranty and am not too worried. This car gives you confidence and I get looks everywhere I go. I love the ride and even make my daily commute in it. This car gives me a thrill that I can't accurately describe. I'm not sure if I own the car or it owns me.

Acceleration, seats, steering wheel, handling, engine noise, the way you can kick out the back end with so little effort, good looks, purpose built interior, small storage space (this is a sports car right?).

From what I've read, reliability can be an issue. Get an extended warranty if possible or at least understand what you're getting into.

Fun, but bumpy
By chris

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a very nice sport car don't get me wrong. It looks fast, it is fast, it takes off so quick I almost get whiplash everytime. It is a head turner too. But I have never had anything that is this bumpy and the rattles drive me insane. I've had an S2000 and it wasn't this bad, and that thing had a super tight suspension. My Z rattles like it is falling apart, all along the dash, the center console, and if I am talking while driving it sounds like someone is thumping my chest. I have crammed things into seams and cracks to stop them, but it's no use. But man is it fast.

I love the look, though the new LED lights look better. The cockpit is nice. The sound when I turn the engine on gives me goosebumps.

The suspension and rattles. It needs to have all seams where plastics meet to be padded, I have tried as best I can to stop them, then a new one pops up.

Great car with minor issues
By RickS

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Like other reviewers, I have suffered the same "tire roar" and front end noise that has plagued 350Z owners since the cars inception. After taking the car to Firestone to get my tires replaced recently, the helpful technician, a Vette owner, suggested that I take the car in every 3 months to have this toe-in problem fixed. You can purchase a lifetime alignment from Firestone for a very reasonable price and taking the car in every 3 months or so insures that the wear on the tires will be a bit more normal. Tire wear aside, the car has been a dream and I have enjoyed it thoroughly. As I am getting a bit older now so the utility of a 2-seater is beginning to reach its end for me.

Great acceleration. Awesome cornering with little rear end slip and easy recovery when there is slip. Gas mileage is great even though its Premium. Interior controls are easy to reach and leather bucket seats are comfortable. AC is great and the sound system jams.

Radio controls on steering wheel would be nice. Don't have them on my 2003. Hopefully the toe-in issue has been fixed by now but I doubt it.