2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
Love/hate relationship
By RedwoodZ on 04/07/05 14:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Fun car to drive but ours came with too many shortcomings for us to be happy with it. As mentioned in other Z groups, the dealer plays dumb with the problems -- in our case the front end / tire problem and a 6 speed that has chronic shifting problems from 1>2. Trannie has been replaced once. The front end has had the TSB "fix". With new tires, the noise is returning after about 4000 miles. The seat covers were replaced at less than 12000 miles! And last but not least, burning premium gas these days is very hard on the pocketbook. We had an '88 300Z we owned until we traded it in on 350Z. After our current nightmare, we won't be owning any more Nissans.

Z-YA Later
By Mike on 01/04/05 14:39 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The best sports car if you can't afford a Porsche 911. Boxsters don't count, there not a real Porsche's!

Buyer Beware!
By Unhappy Z Owner on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The 2003 Z has a known and admitted front tire wear and nosie problem that Nissan declines to address for its buyers. If you don't mind buying new tires evry 5,000 miles, this car is for you. My Z began the problem at 8,000 miles; got the Nissan temp fix; and returned at 12,000 miles. It's days are numbered. See the problem at www.nissantireproblems.com

EXCESSIVE FRONT TIRE WEAR AND NOISE
By piehole4 on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The 2003 Nissan 350Z has a documented front end suspension problem that causes premature front tire wear and loud tire roar. Autoweek has reported that Nissan is now investigating the problem but no word yet on a recall. Otherwise you will be buying expensive new front tires every 5000 miles. The problem is explained at www.nissantireproblems.com

I Love this Car
By slypr on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is the sweetest car ever. Emperor of Japanese Imports right now. Even its immitation, the Inifiniti G35, doesn't come close.

Almost Perfect
By arvali on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded up from a 93 300ZX, and as perfect as I thought that car was, this one is even better. The power and handling are amazing, and the ride is not as rough as you might think. The brakes are awesome. The seats are excellent. Be warned, that for the 03 model year, most have front suspension problem. The front tires wear more on the inside, and get extremely loud after about 4,000 miles. Nissan will swap them from side to side at no charge, but the problem comes back.

I Love my Z and so does everyone else
By sandyZ on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a work of art. I fell in love with it at first sight and I knew I had to have it. It's affordable! My biggest problem is I drive it too much, I'm racking up the miles.

2003 Nissan 350Z
By an1ny on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Red 350Z. An affordable car that looks,feels,and drives like a sports car.

A REAL SPORTS CAR
By Walt Lipski on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Have owned a 240, and 300Z, but this car tops them all in brute power and handling.Am always telling myself to keep it cool. My wife loves the way the seats wrap the body; she "gets respect" when she drives,and she also loves to drive the car. We get 37 MPG when we go to Las Vegas from San Diego and back. The seats are more comfortable for traveling long distances than the previous versions. This is a keeper.

Quality (?) of sound system??
By sqkyboo on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

OK, we all know and love this car, superlatives for performance. But the base model's single CD sound system absolutely stinks. Even my kids'1997 stock Saturn sounds better. I don't get it. I already changed the cd/radio to an Alpine; it's better, but the sound quality still stinks, so I'm saving for better speakers. Any others who feel the same?