2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
Best car I've ever owned.
By Spilner on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car with 86k on it and have not regretted it a single time! I was amazed at the gas mileage (22-25 city, 27-30 hwy) and the power and torque is great. I can run even with modded mustangs and newer turbo bmw's and can smoke most other cars. I've beat pretty hard on the car for about 12k miles now and it's held up to everything without complaint! The only problem I had was with the stock Bose subamp cutting out but there's an easy DIY fix for that which takes about 15 mins. Nissan built this car to last 200k and it's very obvious the quality they put into this car. Just make sure to have a set of snow tires on hand =P

Fun and Reliable
By Teri on 06/20/08 08:05 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The automatic/manual shift gives me flexibility for the road type. This car starts and stops precisely. After 4 years, I still enjoy driving it. People are always asking about the car's speed and agility. It draws a lot of attention. And it's FUN.

So happy
By max on 01/12/08 12:10 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have been eyeing the 350Z for years and am so glad I made this purchase. I love the feel of the interior, the looks of the exterior, the wide power band, the on-rails handling, and the sound the engine makes when wide open. I realize that there are various problems that will undoubtedly arise so I got an extended warranty and am not too worried. This car gives you confidence and I get looks everywhere I go. I love the ride and even make my daily commute in it. This car gives me a thrill that I can't accurately describe. I'm not sure if I own the car or it owns me.

Fun, but bumpy
By chris on 11/05/07 02:48 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a very nice sport car don't get me wrong. It looks fast, it is fast, it takes off so quick I almost get whiplash everytime. It is a head turner too. But I have never had anything that is this bumpy and the rattles drive me insane. I've had an S2000 and it wasn't this bad, and that thing had a super tight suspension. My Z rattles like it is falling apart, all along the dash, the center console, and if I am talking while driving it sounds like someone is thumping my chest. I have crammed things into seams and cracks to stop them, but it's no use. But man is it fast.

Great car with minor issues
By RickS on 03/15/07 08:52 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Like other reviewers, I have suffered the same "tire roar" and front end noise that has plagued 350Z owners since the cars inception. After taking the car to Firestone to get my tires replaced recently, the helpful technician, a Vette owner, suggested that I take the car in every 3 months to have this toe-in problem fixed. You can purchase a lifetime alignment from Firestone for a very reasonable price and taking the car in every 3 months or so insures that the wear on the tires will be a bit more normal. Tire wear aside, the car has been a dream and I have enjoyed it thoroughly. As I am getting a bit older now so the utility of a 2-seater is beginning to reach its end for me.

fun to drive
By miriam on 12/23/06 11:06 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have nothing bad to say about my Z car. It handles well and is so much fun to drive. I get nothing but compliments from everyone I know and don't know about the looks of the car. The gas mileage is not bad for a sports car either. I get 20 miles to the gallon in town about 25 on the highway. The color is gorgeous too. I have the brickyard color which is kind of a dark plum color. I put an after market spoiler on the back and it is too cute.

My second 350Z
By Natasha on 10/09/06 06:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

You get the true sports car feeling when driving. I love the highway gas mileage! My second 350Z.

some issues with 2003 model
By Andrew Lustig on 05/27/06 12:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had this car for 3-1/2 years - just sold it today. Loved it for the first two years, but the following bothered me: 1. airbag light kept malfunctioning. 2. front tire problems, which the dealership was supposed to inform me of, but didn't. 3. tires kept losing pressure for no apparent reason (separate from #2). 4. fuel line/filter recall. 5. No Visibility to sides and back of vehicle.

Excellent Vehicle
By dsw on 05/12/06 00:23 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for three years. The only problem I have had with it was the tire misalignment that they had with the first year vehicles. Nissan replaced the tires and corrected the alignment after two years of driving for no charge. It is very fun to drive with ample power. Mountain roads are a blast, if traffic cooperates.

The Fast
By Via on 05/03/06 12:07 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car was a surprise, good gas mileage and performance. And it turns a lot of heads for the price.