Used 2003 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

problems
By robert

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

the car has had countless trips to the dealer for tranny, clutch, suspension, window motors,and audio....all of it has been replaced once or more times! There is countless tsb's on the vehicle as well, i suggest if you get a z get an 06 because i heard that they have improved most of the problems.

Favorite Features

I love the power and the multipurpose gauge cluster

Suggested Improvements

Stronger tranny (actually whole drive train) and better quality parts to make this car more reliable

Best Value in a Sports Car
By Best Value

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had 3 Z's and this is the best. Performance is excellent; handling is as good as a Porsche and driving it is fun. The ride is harsh, but that's the way it is with a true sports car. The rear visibility is poor and the stock tires are terrible in wet or snowy weather, so you have to replace them with quality G/T sports car tires that have a good rating is wet weather. Terrific performance for the money.

Favorite Features

Overall handling; responsiveness; reliability

Suggested Improvements

Redesigned rear window for better visibility; better tires; too light in the rear when driving in snow; get rid of the "hole" in the center of the dash when you don't get a GPS system

It's not all good
By JIM

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it new. Have 20k miles. Still happy with performance but not real happy with anything else. I'm glad it's my wife's daily driver, not mine. Alignment was off from inception and it wore the tires prematurely on the inside tread. Dealer realigned the car but nissan refused to replace the worn tires at 14,000 mi. Ever since then there is an extremely offensive howl from the front end. All guest passengers comment on the noises and finish with "well, i wouldn't buy one". I'm going to have to replace the tires when they appear to be only 50 % worn due to the how.L. It's been back to the dealer several times due to the problem. No guarantees that $500 new tires will fix the noise.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan should stand behind their product better. I've worked through problems with other mfgs. To much greater satisfaction. I currently own three new nissans and will never buy another nissan again because their quality control/satisfaction [is lacking].

350Z Review after 25,000 miles
By 350Z Review 12/04

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my 350Z for almost 2 years and drive it on 1-5 hour trips and around town. It is fast and reliable and has never been in the shop except for 1 tire recall (I got 2 new tires after 18,000 miles) and normal maintenance. The Z is fun to drive - the 6 speed makes the experience better. The ride is acceptable for a sports car, the interior is plain, however the outside is still fashionable and the 3.5 L engine is the best. I miss a back seat, but for the price, you get a lot for your money. I call it my poor man's Porsche - I tell my Porsche owner friends that I can buy 2 Z's for the price of 1 Porsche and enjoy it more. You can't go wrong with the price, power, and look.

Favorite Features

6 Speed and the 3.5 Liter Engine. Power and performance in a fun car.

Suggested Improvements

Interior and ride can use upgrading.

Enthusiast Silver 2003 edition
By georgyo

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Nissan, Overall, it is a great sports car, gets a lot of attention driving and performs well. Had the OEM battery replaced already after 1 year since it had a bad cell and would not start. The interior plastic feels kind of hollow in center console. It is very hard to see rear objects for sure while backing up. It is rather easy to update Audio\Video components in this car!

Favorite Features

Acceleration, cornering, and braking are superb! Gas milage is average, Rims and lights are impressive. Has a nice rumble to the engine tone when running and accelerating hard.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger rear-view Mirror (interior), ans an easier-to-use seat-belt system. The stock speakers are poor, replace then soon after buying. The front black grill is flimsy and does not do this car justice. I will soon be replacing that as well.